CHAPTER 7

"Pick me, and only me, or get out of my house

"Pick me, and only me, or get out of my house." she said, surprised at how firm she sounded, despite the fact that her insides were quaking.

She wasn't going to let Chaeyoung walk away when the time came and cause her to cry. She was beating her to the punchline. Chaeyoung stared dumbfounded at her for a few seconds, and then blinked heavily, shaking her head.

"Jisoo, you knew what this was, I mean, -I-I care about you, you know I do, but I just can't..I mean... Jisoo y-you're the one who...I mean this was an affair... Are you saying you want to end it?"

She looked at Jisoo where she sat across the room on her dark bedspread hoping that she'd only had a momentary lapse and would forget her previous statement Jisoo swallowed hard. Chaeyoung had yet to directly answer her question, but she realized with a horrifying sinking feeling that she had just gotten her answer. Jisoo had asked her to choose her over Suzy, and Chaeyoung had replied,

"Are you saying you want to end it?" What she was really saying when she asked this was that if she was going to make her choice, then she was going to choose to end things with her.

"I want to end the hiding. I don't want to end us." Jisoo said softly.

"I want a relationship with you."

"We have a relationship." Chaeyoung argued.

"I want a steady, exclusive relationship." Jisoo said, looking at her directly in the eyes.

"I want to be the only one you kiss. I want to be the only one you want to kiss. And I want to be able to kiss you whenever I want, instead of running around secretly. I want you to call me for check-ins and I want you to tell me you love me. Not her."

Jisoo chose not to say Suzy's name, knowing it would hurt too much if Chaeyoung left in a second, knowing it would be because she wanted to be with her.

Chaeyoung was silent for a moment that felt like an eternity. She licked her lips before biting the bottom one. Her expression was pained.

She looked down at the palms of her hands, opening them up to her eyes. She looked back up at the brunette beauty sitting amongst the sheets, her brown haired beauty the past few weeks, and still hers now if she decided to break up with her girlfriend for her.

She sighed loudly, and walked towards the bed. Jisoo looked up at her in wonder as she stopped in front of her. Chaeyoung brushed some hair behind her ear, and cupped her hands around her face. She held her face and looked at it for what seemed like forever, looking deep into her brown eyes. She finally leaned down to kiss her ever so softly, their lips touching briefly in a sweet embrace. She finally rested her forehead against Jisoo's. Jisoo smiled, both their eyes closed, feeling safe in her arms, and relieved.