CHAPTER 9

"Chaee? Chaeyoung say something

"Chaee? Chaeyoung say something." Jisoo  shook Caeyoung's hands still encased in her
own from side to side. Chaeyoung stared, wide eyed, mouth agape, right through her,
completely unable to say a word.

"Chaeyoung?" she asked again but nothing Jisoo felt her emotions rising in her, threatening to bubble over.

"Chaeyoung! You have to say something!" She had managed to remain rational through this, now Chaeyoung  had to do the same.

Okay, so that wasn't completely fair. Jisoo  had been given ample time to cry and scream, all with her loving best friend there to hold her when the time came.

Chaeyoung  had a right to be upset but if she would just say something, anything, good or bad, Jisoo could help her through it. Jisoo could be there to love her and hold her when she needed to be held.

Chaeyoung wasn't saying a word, so Jisoo  decided to continue to talk to her until she came back.

"Chaeyoung." she said again, "Park Chaeyoung, I've been really really scared. You can't even imagine. These past two weeks have just been anguish, not knowing but I was too afraid to do anything, afraid of finding out for sure I really was pregnant. Jennie  finally forced me to take a test. Actually I took several and I was such a wreck, I couldn't even think about telling you. I thought about just getting rid of it without anyone saving me and Jennie ever knowing a thing."

Chaeyoung was looking at her now, her eyes running up and down her face, taking in her words. Jisoo could see life again behind her eyes. She was coming back to her.

She continued, "Jennie of course told me I had to talk to you about it. Chaeyoung, we need to work through this together, okay Come to a decision we both agree on but, you know, working through this together is going to require you to talk to me."

Jisoo let out a breath of relief and waited patiently for her to reply. Chaeyoung slowly spoke, lifting Jisoo's hands up in hers, holding them close to her chest, and looking in her eyes,

"This is really huge." she whispered. Jisoo  couldn't resist the sarcastic eye roll she shot back at her.

"But you already know that." Chaeyoung  said, looking down at her jeans. She looked back up at her brown eyes and cleared her throat.

Jisoo could see how hard Chaeyoung was having to work at making an effort to remain calm and level headed, and part of her was grateful. She needed to be mature about this now.

But another part of Jisoo  almost wanted to see her scream and cry as much as she had, both for the satisfaction of seeing her go through the same toils as her, and also so that she too could return to this childlike state and cry with her.