CHAPTER 10

Jisoo walked stiffly into the kitchen, having just gotten home, relieved that her family, even though they were back from the vacation she decided to not join, were not home and were out doing God knows what

She grabbed a glass out of the pantry and pushed the water dispenser in the side door of the refrigerator, filling it up.

"Jisoo?" Jennie's soft voice asked tentatively as she entered the kitchen. Of course, there was always Jennie who always came in and out of the Kim house has been pleased since she was a child, had a key, presented to her by Mr and Mrs Kim when she was 13.

Jisoo said nothing. She walked over to the counter and set down her glass, picking up a bottle of ibuprofen.

"Jisoo?" Jennie asked again. Jisoo continued her silence mission.

"Kim Jisoo?" Jennie asked again. Jisoo. continued her silence mission, unscrewing the childproof lid, pouring out two round pills into her head.

"Do you have a headache?" Jennie gestured to the medicine.

Boy did she ever. Jisoo popped the pills in the back of her throat. She lifted the glass of water up, preparing to swallow the medication down.

Suddenly her eyes bugged and she ran to the sink, spitting the pills out. They had just started to dissolve, and left a nasty taste on her tongue.

"Plech."

"I'm pretty sure those are okay to take when you're pregnant. As long as it's the recommended dosage, right?" Jennie said, understanding her friends her thought process.

Her eyes flashed. "How the hell should I know?" Jisoo snapped. "I'm seventeen, Jennieee!! I don't know anything about this!"

"It's okay." Jennie soothed, moving closer, "So, did you talk to Chaeyoung?"

"Obviously I talked to Chaeyoung !" Jisoo snarled.

"And?" Jennie's curiosity was too great for her to acknowledge the dangerous look in the older girls brown eyes that she had come to know so well.

Jisoo looked ready to lash out, and for a second Jennie feared she was about to fly off the handle. But then her eyes instead filled with sorrow, and she shook her head softly.

"Please, Jendukieee. I don't feel like talking." She pushed her aside gently and left the room.

"Soo."

Jennie followed her, "You don't have to talk. But if you need anything, I'm here."

Jisoo didn't reply and shut the door to her bedroom, locking it before Jennie could enter.