CHAPTER 17

Chaeyoung and Jisoo  sat in stiff fear as they studied Jiyoung's facial expressions, waiting for an explosion at any moment

Chaeyoung was silently praying for a giant hole in the ground to suddenly open up and swallow her and Jisoo, and take them anywhere, as long as it was away from their current grim circumstances.

Jiyoung finally opened his mouth to speak, "Living room, everyone. Now." His words were firm, and he stood up from his chair, glaring down at Chaeyoung before exiting the dining room.

Dara stood up drearly, without a glance towards her daughter or anyone else.

"I guess you're right." She admitted. Dara smiled and nodded her head once soundly, "Well I'm glad that's settled. I'll admit none of the circumstances are favorable, but can you imagine what people would think were Jisoo  to have a child out of wedlock?" Dara shook her head at the thought, riding it once and for all.

"No, a shotgun wedding is much more classy." Taehyung voiced sarcastically from the couch, where he lay on his back, staring at the ceiling while listening to the conversation.

Dara and Jiyoung both shot their son a pointed glare, and he pulled his beanie off the top of his head, covering it over his face, in a way of dismissing himself from the room as Nayeon rolled her eyes from the end of the couch.

Jennie sat frozen and awkward, clearing her throat for a moment. "Uhm, I should really get going, I actually have to meet my own girlfriend for our date. Thank you for having me." She smiled fleetingly before throwing a sympathetic look to Jisoo and Chaeyoung and quickly exiting the Kim residence.

Chaeyoung and Jisoo  remained numbly planted to their chairs. Jisoo stared straight ahead without blinking, feeling incapable of movement as her mother walked out of the dining room.

"Living room, now!" Jiyoung's booming roar quickly startled Jisoo out of staring into space, as she jumped to attention.

She sprung up from her chair, looking like a frightened kitten, and quickly rushed out of the room, not even bothering to see if Chaeyoung was following behind her.

Chaeyoung stood up and quickly followed, and even Taehyung and Nayeon walked towards the living room, deciding that tonight, it was best just to do what was asked of them, and try to blend into the background as much as possible.

Jiyoung was standing in the middle of the living room, while Dara sat, perched on the end of an antique armchair, her ankles neatly crossed, and her hands folded delicately at her knees. Jiyoung's choice of placement was directly across from an empty Victorian style sofa, and Jisoo  immediately rushed to it. Chaeyoung  sat down beside her, and Jisoo  crossed her legs absentmindedly, forgetting she was in her mother's presence.