[29 ] : Netero Versus Mika, Unlocking Nen, Test of Strength

~Thank you, Enjoy!!

<><><><><><><>

Netero, the chairman of the Hunter Association, carries the title of the world's strongest man.

Mika had previously categorized the strong individuals of this world based on his understanding. At that time, he placed Netero at the LV.5 position. Above him was still LV.6. This wasn't to say that Netero wasn't strong, but rather that he was simply too old.

What is Nen? Nen is the ability to manipulate life energy. It's the power to freely control the life energy (aura) emitted from within the body, using it for attack or defense.

The foundation of Nen is life energy. Therefore, as Nen users grow older, their Nen gradually declines. Netero is already 120 years old now. Even if his body is still robust, his life energy has long since fallen to its lowest point.

He was once invincible for a century. Now, in his old age, he's still one of the top existences in the Hunter world, but he can no longer return to his former peak. That's why Mika placed him at the LV.5 position.

The reason Mika came to find him was for Mika's own sake. In his battle with Hisoka, Mika felt his own Nen and was on the verge of awakening it, just one step away. But it was this final step that Mika couldn't seem to take.

After recalling relevant plot points, Mika suddenly thought of a possibility. In the Chimera Ant arc, before being captured by the Ant King, Komugi had already been the undefeated champion of East Gorteau Republic for several consecutive terms. Yet even so, she hadn't awakened her Nen. But during her game with the Ant King, she achieved awakening.

Why was this? Mika thought it was because of the Ant King, an evenly matched opponent. The Ant King, with his powerful learning ability, could master and perfect any skill in a very short time. Before Komugi, many other champion-level players of various board games had been quickly surpassed and killed by him.

But this learning ability failed when he encountered Komugi. No matter how hard the Ant King tried, he ultimately couldn't surpass Komugi, and instead pushed her to a higher realm.

Therefore, Mika felt he now needed to fight against a top-tier martial arts expert. This would stimulate his own state. There happened to be such a person nearby - the once strongest martial artist, Netero!

"I won't play this game with no chance of winning!" Just as Mika arrived at the door of Netero's room, Killua's voice reached his ears. Then, the tightly closed door opened. Killua walked out with an annoyed expression.

"Are you leaving, Killua?"

"Oh, it's you, Mika!" Seeing Mika, Killua, though a bit surprised, explained to him, "There's an old man inside who doesn't act his age, always thinking of weird ways to trick us kids. It's really irritating."

"Who's not acting their age?!" Netero shouted loudly.

But Killua didn't pay him any attention at all, just saying goodbye to Mika: "So I'm going back, to avoid being tricked by him again!"

With that, he waved his hand and walked towards the other side of the corridor.

Looking at Killua's retreating figure, Mika shook his head and walked into the room.

Inside the room, Gon was constantly rushing towards the ball in Netero's hand, trying to snatch it.

"How about it, little boy? Do you want to play too?" Netero, excited by Gon's enthusiasm, invited Mika.

Hearing Netero's invitation, anger immediately surged in Mika's heart.

"Who are you calling a little boy?!"