Part-11

Hey guys. I'm back with another update. Thank you for reading my stories. Vote and comment if you like them.

Let's start...

And there was...

Shehveer Shergill, Sana's elder brother with his hands full of gifts.

Sid immediately went for his help. He helped him with them and when his hands were finally empty, Sid hugged him tightly.

"She's back. Getting ready in her room." Her brother whispered in his ear assuring him.

"Aap le ke aye use?"

"Nahi wo mujhe raste mein mili. Wapis a hi rahi thi."

"Kujh bataya usne kahan gyi thi?"

Shehveer started laughing loudly and people started looking in their direction. Sidharth didn't know what to do. He just gave an embarrassed smile and pulled him in a corner.

"Shhh. Aise kyun has rahe ho. Log pagal samjhenge. Aur shehnaaz kahan mili aapko?"

"Wo to tu usse hi puchhna. It's so funny. But ha I must warn you. Don't laugh when she tells you. She bit me when I laughed." He showed her teeth marks on his wrist. It looked painful. Obviously he wouldn't want to anger his to be fiance. Especially, when he knows she is an angry bird.

Just then Vicky came to him and took him back to the stage. He stood with Sid and Sana came down with her mother. Her father was looking at her adoring his daughter. His mother was also by his side and his sister was holding the rings.

He loves the woman descending down from the stairs. She was wearing light pink colour gown with hair open curls at the ends. She looked just like they imagined. She wasn't looking at anyone. He knew she's still upset. But she's here for the commitment she made. Nobody asked her any questions when she came back. They reacted as if they didn't know about her departure. But what'll be her reaction when she knows that she isn't getting engaged to Vicky. She's getting engaged to her love. That'll be fun to watch.

Sana was coming down. She was neither happy nor sad. She was feeling weird. These hormones, I tell you. She was back not only because of Vicky. The reason is that when gave her actions a thought while she was eating her double cheese pizza. Yeah, being angry was draining. And I was damn hungry after leaving the house. Sue me!
So, she stopped at a restaurant and just gobbled the food. And it's difficult being angry with a full stomach and a fulfilled heart. So, thinking she reached the conclusion that it was her who was in the wrong. She lied. He didn't. But still he was in this chaos just because she was immature enough to lie about such a thing. He is innocent. That's when she decided to just go back, apologise and be by his side while solving this mess.

She secretly casted a glance at him. Vicky was saying something in his ear and he smiled. And when he looked up, she looked down. The storm was about to arrive and he was smiling. What would happen when she gets engaged to Vicky. It would be a chaos for everyone. What would everyone think when they will know about reality. They will feel betrayed. His mother would never accept a girl who lied to her on her face.

Is there even a hope for future for them? What about the baby? She can raise the baby alone. But does she want to?

All the thoughts have been intruding her, making her sick in stomach. What to do next? No one could decipher the turmoil from her face. She just smiled politely towards everyone.

She finally reached the stage and stood where she was asked to. She didn't even once looked up.

People gathered around the stage to witness the ceremony. Her mother asked her to forward her hand and she did with a smile.

When her hand was held by a familiar finger that she had touched almost thousand times. She saw the face of the man and all her worries left her mind. She was awestruck. He, on the other hand was laughing in his mind. His naughty smirk showed his excitement and a bit of mockery.

Her expressions turned from happy to shocked to angry. She looked at him with fire burning in her eyes making his smile disappear.

After Sid had made her wear the ring, it was her turn next. She pulled his hand and pushed the ring into his finger. People around them clapped and hooted for them. And they came together for pictures.

"Hey baby, are you happy now?" He whispered in her ear.

"You knew about this?" She whispered sternly.

"About what baby?"

"Don't try to be oversmart."

"I learnt the truth few hours back only."

"And you didn't think you should tell me?"

Just then Mrs Deshmukh interrupted their whisperings.

Sana and Sid got their pictures clicked with everybody and also just the two of them.

Obviously, these photos were much more important than the bantering of the couple. Sana had already decided what she was going to do. The man was in great trouble. But, thank God she came back.

Sana's POV

So, it's over now. I'm engaged. To the man I love. The mess cleared. Everything sorted out. So, what happened after the engagement that we all sat together first time as a family. My pregnancy was out in the open. My parents scolded us. His mother also actively participated but in the end, we reconciled.

His mother is indeed a sweet woman just like he told me. She has accepted me, Kirti has also accepted me. She was a bit disappointed with Sidharth but they are fine now after he promised her to let her name the baby.

Vicky is very happy. He is finally with his family. His mother or my mother-in-law gave him the money for the project. Mission accomplished 🎊

My brother Shehveer is not talking to me. I bit him when he made fun of my diet. His exact words were "aise khayegi to fat jayegi" He couldn't grasp the fact that I'm eating for two now. Idiot. And I'm going to talk to him until he says sorry for his comment.

Well, last but not the least. Sid is still trying to make me talk to him. Can you believe he left to buy his dress leaving me in distress. He should have come straight to me. I don't understand these shitty surprises. And he's going to understand this very clearly. I will talk to him after a few hours. You know I can't stay mad with him for long. He's my habit. And the baby needs its father with it. Tell me, should I take longer or just forgive him right away? Don't keep me waiting...

Sid's POV

Hey! How are you doing? I'm great, thank you. (In case you asked.)

Let's come to the point. It was really fun watching my baby's expressions transition. But after that she was like a time bomb. It's been two days since she has spoken a word to me. She has been spending all her time with the other family members ignoring me mercilessly.

The only time I get with her is when she feels uneasy. She doesn't tell me but I understand from her expressions. And then I rub her belly for her. It must be comforting for her because she settles right away.

Vicky is happy and I'm happy for him. He's back to where he belongs. And my family's complete. My beautiful woman and I will get married in two weeks. Our families may be fine with it but we want to get married fast because we don't want anyone to raise their finger on our baby. And we'd have gotten married already if not for her job.

If you want to read about our wedding ceremony and maybe the birth of our baby. Comment below.
P. S. It's already written. But it'll be published only on demand. Please comment if you're interested.

That's it for today. Please vote and  comment if you want an epilogue. If not, I'll try the next plot.

Bye! I'll be back soon.