Prolouge

Astrids POV:
I woke up to the sound of my alarm at 6am. I'm so tired but I have to get up for my first day at my new school. Berk high school u would think it's a small school ,since the population in berk is small town which has 456 residents, but it's actually a avarage size high school since people from other towns and villages in the surrounding area attend there to. I lived here when I was younger but we left when I was 8 I'm now 17 turning 18 this year.

I force my self out of bed to get ready. I look a mess.
My hair was in knots and I had bags under my eyes. 'Great,just great' I thought to myself.

I started to brush my hair and tried to decide what style I should do. A braid?? Hair down?? A bun???

I finaly decided that I would go for a small braid at the side of my hair with the rest of my hair straight down. I went to my wardrobe to pick out some clothes and decided on a light blue crop top a black skirt with 2 silver chains on and a pair of black converse.

When I was finally done getting ready and doing my makeup I made my way down stairs I saw my mum in the kitchen making breakfast.

"Morning mum" I greeted her.
"Morning Astrid, are u excited for ur first day of a new school?"
"Not realy I don't know anyone here which means I'll be alone all day"
"Cheer up hunny, you'll make some friends"my dad said looking up from his news paper.
" yeah hun maybe you'll even get ur self a boyfriend"my mum joked around.
"Doubt it "i replied.

"That's my girl no boyfriends." My dad chuckled giving me a light punch on my shoulder.
"Remember hard work keep them grades up and no being in trouble."my said in a serious tone.
"Yes mum. I know."I said as I looked at my breakfast.

I noticed the time an it was time for me to go.
"Anyway I better get of to school I don't wanna be late"I said after I finished eating breakfast.
"Alright hun have a good day.love you"

Hiccups PoV:
"HICCUP!!!" "HICCUP HADDOCK!!!"my dad shouted banging in my door. "Ugh what?!"i replied groaning as I just woke up. "Get out of bed now! You have school!"he yelled.
"No I'm not going!"
"HICCUP HADDOCK IF U DONT GET OUT OF BED RIGHT NOW I WILL TAKE YPUR PHONE AND MOTORBIKE!!!"
" ok ok fine! I'm getting up"

Gods I can never get any sleep around here. I hate school it's like hell. To make everything worse it's the first day back and I really can't be bothered. But finally it's my last year

I picked up a simple red shirt with a pair of black joggers with some Nike trainers. I quickly brushed my hair and made my way down stairs.

"Morning dad .." I said rolling my eyes. " morning son ." He sighed while handing me a bowl of cereal.

"Anyway I don't want u to be getting into trouble on the first day or at all."
"Yeah. No promises"I replied
"Hiccup im serious. I want the old u back the never getting into trouble serious about school"he  said while at the dishes.
"You mean the me that got taken advantage of and bullied.. I don't think so."
"Hiccup....Please try to be nice for me..." he said hope full. " for your mum... it's what she would want."
"I'm going to school." I said as I got out of my chair
"Ok bye hiccup" dad said as I slammed the front door.I put on my helmet of my motorbike and drove off.

My mum died 2 years ago when I was 15 in freshman year 2 months after my birthday. We were on a walk me my dad and my mum. My dad went to get some ice cream and stuff when a man came and grabbed my mother covering her mouth with his hand I tried to shout for help but no one was there at the time. I tried to get him off of her but I couldn't I was to weak. I ran to get my dad for help but by the time we got back it was too late.... They were gone.

It only took me 5 minutes to get to school but sometimes if I felt like being late I would go sit in the woods or a cliff near the city called the dragons edge.

It overlooked the big city and all of buildings. It is in my opinion the most beautiful thing in this part of the country especially at night when u can see all the lights of the building illuminating the surroundings.

It was one of those days since the conversation with my dad brought back horrible memories.More than the one of just my mother.

flashback—

It was freshman year and I was walking down the halls and at this point I was a scrawny fishbone and could easily be taken advantage of and beating up. I was a target for bullying.

Anyway I was walking down the halls near the locker when one of the juniors pinned me against the lockers.

"Got my homework yet"he said.
"N-no not yet I'm still working on it."I stuttered ready to get hit as he punched my face.
"Told you I wanted it today. It's dew tomorrow !"he yelled.
"It will be done by tomorrow,I promise!" I said hoping he won't punch me again.

He dropped me to the floor and kicked me in my stomach. "Take that as a warning!next time I want my home work on time."
—flashback end—