Chapter 1 : Minji and Hanni

Hannam-dong was a villa district located on the outskirts of the capital. Because it was built early on, the district wasn't very far from the city center. However, due to its location, most of the people who lived in its villas were wealthy and influential.

The Kim family was one of the first families to settle here. They lived in a white European-style villa, three stories high, with a flourishing garden, dazzling fountains, and noble sculptures.

From the second-floor balcony, Jennie frowned deeply as she watched her eldest daughter play with a child in the yard.

The second daughter, Haerin saw the dark expression on her mother's face and asked, "What's the matter, mom?"

"Your sister, of course." Jennie sighed and headed back to the living room.

Haerin glanced down, then she turned around and followed her mother to the living room.

When Taehyung saw the expression on his wife's face as she descended the stairs, he lowered his newspaper halfway and asked, "What's wrong?"

"You're not worried at all," Jennie responded with a glare.

"Who offended you this time?"

"Who else could it be, but Minji?" Jennie slumped into the chair beside her husband, Taehyung.

"Minji? Isn't Minji pretty good?" Taehyung asked, confused.

"All you think about is work, work, work. Don't you care about our daughter at all?"

"Of course I do. I was just as worried as you were when she became ill, but didn't the psychiatrist say she's already recovered?"

"Did you forget what Doctor Lee's last instructions were?" Jennie reminded her husband. "Though she's recovered psychologically, there are still several aftereffects, such as aggression, impulsiveness..."

"Minji served as a soldier, and a special forces one at that. Having a bit of a temper is normal," Taehyung refuted. "I won't waste my time arguing with you,"

Jennie huffed. "Anyways, Doctor Lee said the best way to help her is to use familial love to slowly wear away her aggression."

"Then why are you still worrying? It sounds to me like we just need to keep living our days like usual."

"I can't tell if you're playing dumb or what! Doctor Lee was clearly talking about finding a wife for Minji and letting her start her own family."

"That's why you keep arranging blind dates for her these days," Taehyung deduced.

"That's right,"

"And the results?" Taehyung asked.

"Not good," Jennie answered in a somewhat unnatural tone.

"Not good is an understatement. You've been trying to set up our daughter with every suitable young lady you know. Even I've heard about it. They either refuse you on the spot or try to ask Minji for Haerin's phone number instead." Taehyung continued angrily. "If things go on like this, it might even affect the relationship between Minji and Haerin!"

"I'm doing this for our daughter!"

"Jennie... I know that in our eyes, our daughters are equally outstanding. But you have to realize that Minji went to war, suffered several injuries, and even came back with PTSD. We searched all over the world for a psychiatrist, everyone in our circle knows about this. If you really want to find a wife for Minji, you'll be better off looking outside of our social circle."

"So what? Our daughter was a soldier, a hero! Yes, she did have PTSD, but she has recovered." Jennie raised her voice. "Do they really believe in those nonsensical rumors? That because she's killed people, she'll beat her wife? Besides, why do we have to look outside for a daughter-in-law? Why do we have to compromise?"