Chapter 2 : The Marriage Meeting

Hanni's intention wasn't to give her second uncle a hard time or disturb whatever was going on, so she quietly sat down in a corner and minimized her presence.

Minji stepped into the room with Kai. She swept her gaze over the Pham family but paid no attention to the girl who would most likely become her wife. Instead, she walked directly to her mother, greeted her with a nod, and sat down without saying a single word.

"This is my eldest daughter, Kim Minji. Minji, this is the president of Pham Foodstuffs, and these are his family members."

Minji nodded. "Hello,"

Suho chuckled in an attempt to thaw the somewhat cold atmosphere that had overtaken the room. Though Minji seemed to have no interest in the Pham family, it was the opposite for his family.

Irene preferred the gentlewoman Haerin, but Minji didn't look too bad either. The scar near her eye was fierce but not terrifying, and while she did seem to have a poor attitude, this was not an uncommon characteristic among the rich young madams of the upper class.

Meanwhile, Soobin envied Minji's physique. The woman emitted masculinity from head to toe, the muscles of her exposed arms alone were enough to make Soobin jealous.

Eunchae on the other hand, wasn't optimistic. Minji wasn't at all like what she had imagined. She had expected Haerin's sister to be another gentlewoman, not someone who would wear a T-shirt and jeans to a marriage meeting.

"Minji, right? I heard you were a special forces soldier in the military," Irene said with a smile.

"Yes, but I retired two years ago due to an injury," Minji answered unconcernedly.

Injury? It must've been a serious one if it forced her to retire from the military. Eunchae secretly observed the woman and recalled her movements from when she walked into the room. Fortunately, she wasn't crippled.

"How is your injury now? Have you recovered?"

"Don't worry, I recovered from it a long time ago. There aren't, and won't be any repercussions." Minji chuckled coldly.

"...I didn't mean it like that," Irene hurriedly denied. "I was just worried."

"Watch what you say, Minji!" Jennie scolded her daughter before turning to Irene with a smile. "My daughter was in the military for a long time, so her attitude isn't the best, but she's not a bad person."

"A former soldier who was willing to risk her life to protect our country is naturally a trustworthy person." Suho echoed.

Before coming here, Suho had inquired about Minji. Aside from her bad attitude, the retired soldier found her to be clean and healthy, with no major issues.

After another round of greetings, Hanni finally realized what was going on. So this was a blind date for her cousin, and the partner was the eldest daughter of the Kim family.

Minji raised an eyebrow. It seemed that her marriage prospect this time was a bold one, free of the fake reservedness the other girls she'd met had put on show.

"Look, Minji. This is Mr. Pham's precious daughter, Eunchae," Jennie introduced.

"Hello, Minji. I'm Eunchae." Eunchae showed a perfect smile, with just the right amount of shyness.

What type of person hasn't Minji encountered? With just one glance, she was able to discern the disdain in her eyes.

"Precious? I suppose with a name like that, you've never had to work on your personality."

The expressions on the Pham family's faces immediately changed, and Eunchae almost cried out in anger.

"Minji!" Jennie interrupted. "I told you to watch what you say."