Chapter 9 : The Marriage

Hyein recovered very quickly after her surgery. Her body, which had been overtaxed from undergoing so many chemotherapy treatments, slowly began to radiate vitality.

Hanni really wanted to stuff her sister with all kinds of food, but the doctor advised her to start off by feeding Hyein nutritious meals. As a result, she could only settle for buying some of her sister's favorite fruits.

After Soobin finished donating his bone marrow, he recuperated at the hospital for two days. Since he was being discharged from the hospital that day, Hanni planned to go with her sister to send him off after she finished washing the fruits. But before she had the chance to do so, Soobin personally came to Hyein's hospital ward.

"What are you doing here, Soobin? I already told you that I was going to send you off in a bit," Hanni said as she opened the door for him. When she saw her second auntie, she politely greeted her second auntie.

"My mom came to discharge me from the hospital today, so I came to give Hyein some chicken soup," Soobin explained.

Hanni glanced over at the lunchbox on the bedside table, her expression somewhat surprised, and said, "Sorry for troubling you, second auntie."

"Oh, it was nothing," replied Irene amicably.

Hanni smiled and sat off to the side, quietly peeling an orange as she listened to Soobin and Hyein chat with each other.

"How about it, Hyein? It's not like you're going to be wearing your limited edition GH basketball shoes anytime soon, so why don't you give them to me?"

"But I originally bought them for the sake of owning them. I never intended to wear them outside and play basketball in them in the first place." Hyein spent a lot of time and effort purchasing these limited edition GH basketball shoes. In fact, there weren't any available on the market at the moment.

Soobin continued to persuade Hyein, saying, "Shoes are meant to be worn. It would be such a waste to have them lying around at home. Look at how great my basketball skills are. Why don't you just give them to me? If I see them again, I'll buy you another pair."

"But..." Hyein was still somewhat reluctant to part with her limited edition GH basketball shoes, but seeing how much her cousin seemed to genuinely like them, her resolve was wavering slightly.

Irene had been sitting off to the side, watching as her son tried to persuade Hyein to hand over her shoes. But no matter how much he pleaded, Hyein was still reluctant to part with them. What's the big fuss over a pair of shoes?

Suddenly, Irene snapped in a discontented tone, "Hyein, Soobin saved your life. How could you be so stingy?"

"Ah..." Hyein's cheeks flushed a deep shade of red. She was at a loss for words.

"Mom!" Soobin shouted disapprovingly. Suddenly, he didn't want the basketball shoes anymore.

Hanni, who was still peeling an orange, paused for a moment before she resumed her task and peeled the last piece of the orange. She handed the completely peeled orange to her embarrassed sister and said, "Why don't you eat some fruit first? I'll eat lunch with you after sending Soobin off."

"Oh yeah, I still need to go back and pack my stuff." Soobin was also feeling dispirited. He had originally come to Hyein's room in a happy mood, but it was all ruined by his mother.

Soobin couldn't bear staying any longer, so he used Hanni's words as an excuse to leave and swiftly opened the door. Upon seeing her son walk out the door, Irene didn't bother overstaying her welcome and got up to leave as well.

"Second auntie, I'll send you off." Hanni stood up and followed her second auntie outside.

The two of them quickly arrived at the elevator after walking a few steps. Irene turned back and said, "Alright, you can stop here."