Chapter 6 : Meeting with Doctor Lee

ING Psychiatric Therapist's Office.

"Hello, may I ask if you have a reservation?" The nurse cordially inquired upon seeing someone enter.

"Hello, I'm looking for Doctor Lee Hyeri," Hanni responded.

"Are you Miss Hanni?" The nurse seemed to have been notified beforehand, as soon as she heard someone ask for Dr. Lee Hyeri, she immediately confirmed it with Hanni.

"Yes, I am." Hanni nodded, slightly surprised.

"Doctor Lee is already waiting for you. Please follow me." The nurse extended her hand to lead the way.

Hanni was momentarily stunned before following the nurse, she knocked lightly on the door, and a pleasant female voice answered from behind it, "Come in."

"Doctor Lee, Miss Hanni has arrived." The nurse stepped aside to allow Hanni to enter before closing the door behind her.

Upon stepping into the room, Hanni saw a middle-aged woman in her forties wearing simple, casual clothing. She had a small, plump face and wore a friendly smile that conveyed a sense of warmth.

"Hello, Hanni. My name is Lee Hyeri. I'm Minji's psychiatrist." Dr. Lee smiled as she extended her hand.

"Hello, Doctor Lee." Hanni still felt a bit dazed.

"Are you curious as to why I'm not surprised that you're here, and how I already knew you were coming?" Dr. Lee poured a cup of scented tea for Hanni. "Sorry, I only have scented tea."

"It's okay, thank you," Hanni said as she accepted the cup.

"Let's sit down and have a chat," Dr. Lee suggested.

Hanni glanced at the reclining chair, which was clearly designed for patients. She hesitated a moment before sitting on the sofa next to it.

"Did Minji call you in advance?" Hanni guessed.

"You're half-right." Seeing the puzzled look in Hanni's eyes, Dr. Lee explained, "Actually, Mrs. Kim mentioned you to me before Minji even called. But they both called for different reasons."

Hanni blinked, expressing her confusion.

"Mrs. Kim wanted to consult me about whether your marriage with Minji would improve her condition, while Minji called hoping I could provide you with a comprehensive overview of her situation." Dr. Lee smiled and continued, "She called me first thing in the morning, requesting that I clear my schedule and wait for you."

Hanni blanked out for a moment, trying to digest all this information. She wasn't in a hurry to express her thoughts. After a while, she asked, "Has Minji been receiving treatment here for a long time?"

"She's been here for about two years and has recovered quite quickly compared to other patients," Dr. Lee responded.

"What kind of illness does she have?" Hanni couldn't believe that Minji was someone with a mental disorder.

"She has shell shock, which is a form of post-traumatic stress disorder, or PTSD," Dr. Lee explained.

PTSD? Hanni recalled her second uncle mentioning that the eldest young madam Kim had once been a special soldier. Considering this, Hanni formed a few conjectures.

Since they were already on the topic, Dr. Lee slowly began to discuss Minji's condition. "When she first came here, she was in an extremely bad state of mind and practically had no will to live."

Hanni's eyes filled with disbelief, as if she were unwilling to accept that the woman she met last night had once lacked the will to live.

"Minji came from a background in special operations, so she was incredibly resolute. I could barely get her to open up, making her treatment very difficult," Dr. Lee recalled. "It took over half a year before she was finally willing to talk to me. I think something must have stirred her emotions around that time."