Chapter 5 : The Family Meeting

Hanni came out of her younger sister's hospital ward. Just as she turned around, she saw Soobin standing nearby, smiling to himself.

"Soobin, why are you here?" Hanni asked.

"I did a bunch of tests today. I finally got some free time, so I came here to chat with Hyein." Soobin glanced at the door to Hyein's hospital ward before asking, "Did Hyein go to sleep already?"

"Yes, she just went to sleep," Hanni replied.

"Then I'll drop by again tomorrow."

"Hyein also did a bunch of tests today, so I didn't have a chance to check up on you. Was it tiring?" Hanni asked.

"I'm fine. The only ones who were busy were the nurses, the doctor, and my mom, who was making a big ruckus. I was only responsible for sitting and lying down," Soobin responded with a smile. He suddenly thought of something and asked, "Oh, by the way, unnie, when you went to my home yesterday, what did my parents say to you?"

"Nothing much," Hanni replied with a smile.

"They definitely brought up some kind of demand. Ignore them," Soobin said. "Hyein is also my younger sister, so I will definitely help her out."

"Thank you." Hanni's smile was filled with warmth. "But it was really nothing. I'm going home early to rest, so I'll be leaving first."

"Okay, bye unnie."

In the blink of an eye, Wednesday arrived.

Ever since morning, Irene had been picking out clothes for Hanni and taking her to get her makeup done.

Seeing the slightly more refined-looking woman in the mirror, Hanni suddenly fell into a trance. It seemed to have been a very long time since she had cleaned herself up so nicely.

"Women need to know how to take care of their appearance," commented the makeup artist. Satisfied, they put down the blush brush in their hand and admired the masterpiece they had spent the entire afternoon creating.

"Yeah," Hanni nodded slightly in agreement.

"Are you done yet?" Irene walked in while checking the time.

"We're done." The makeup artist swiveled Hanni's chair around to face her second aunt. "Miss Pham is very pretty."

"Sure enough, fine feathers make a fine bird," said Irene while scrutinizing Hanni. Although her manner of speaking was peculiar, she seemed very satisfied.

"Can we go now?" Hanni asked as she stood up.

"Let's go. Your second uncle's car is already waiting for us outside." After Irene finished speaking, she turned around and walked out first.

Hanni politely smiled at the makeup artist before leaving with her second aunt.

The makeup artist's little assistant saw the two of them leave and then ran over to gossip. "I heard that the Pham family and Kim family have a marriage of convenience. That young miss must be the marriage prospect. But... why isn't there even a tiny bit of festive spirit surrounding them?"

"She's marrying the eldest young madam, not the second young madam," another assistant replied.

"It's not easy being the daughter of a rich family. That young lady from the Pham family is quite pretty. It's a shame that she's marrying an unromantic soldier," said the little assistant pityingly.

"There's something wrong with your way of thinking." At this time, the makeup artist decided to speak up as well. "We're already in the 21st century. Women nowadays should dress up for themselves. A woman dressing up for the person she likes is a characteristic way of showing that women are independent."