Chapter 10 : Let Me Take You Somewhere

As soon as Hanni stepped out of the Marriage Registration Office, the sunlight hit her face. She instinctively raised her hand to shield her eyes.

Noticing this, Minji quickly stepped in front of her wife, positioning herself to block the sun from Hanni's face. "Why are you standing out here?" she asked, observing couples walking hand in hand as they entered and exited the office. For some reason, she couldn't shake the feeling that something was missing in their marriage.

"I'm heading to the train station," Hanni replied.

"Are you in a hurry?" Minji inquired, seemingly unaware of Hanni's attempt to avoid her.

"I have somewhere to be, but it's not urgent," Hanni answered.

"Then let me take you somewhere," Minji suggested.

"Where?" Hanni raised her head to meet her wife's gaze.

"Just follow me."

Minji led her hesitant wife toward a red motorcycle. She grabbed the sole helmet and carefully placed it on Hanni's head, though she applied too much force, causing Hanni to let out a soft yelp.

Minji froze. "Are you okay?" She asked, reaching out to remove the helmet.

"I'm fine," Hanni dodged Minji's hands and took a step back.

Minji said nothing, but internally vowed. My wife is a bit delicate, I need to be more careful.

This was Hanni's first time on a motorcycle, and she gripped the metal frame tightly as she cautiously mounted the back seat.

The moment Minji started the engine, Hanni's body began trembling, and her face turned pale.

Minji guided the bike around a bend, heading toward the main entrance of the Marriage Registration Office before stopping. She put one foot down and, with a somewhat helpless expression, reached behind her. She gently pulled Hanni's hands, which had been clinging to the frame, and wrapped them around her waist.

Hanni resisted, but Minji was too strong. With one hand, she effortlessly grasped both of her wife's hands. "Hold on tight," she said firmly.

"I..."

Minji turned her head to face Hanni. "We're married now, so you should start getting used to my touch."

Hanni blinked and stopped resisting.

The motorcycle sped ahead, weaving through the traffic like a nimble fish. The faster Minji went, the tighter Hanni held on. By the end of the ride, she was practically glued to Minji's back.

Minji felt Hanni's soft body pressed against her and smiled, her eyes sparkling with amusement as she accelerated, going faster. They soon left the main road and turned into a quiet alley. After a few twists and turns, they finally stopped.

"We're here."

Hanni quickly got off and removed the heavy helmet. Looking up, she saw a traditional Korean courtyard, surrounded by high walls with large vermillion doors. From the size of the entrance, she could tell the place was spacious.

Minji parked the motorcycle and walked to the entrance, pulling out keys from her pocket. She unlocked the door and pushed it open.

Hanni followed her wife up the steps and paused at the threshold. She looked at the courtyard filled with flowers and saw a swing hanging from a Korean parasol tree.

Minji took Hanni's hand and led her wife into the courtyard. Standing under the shade of the tree, she asked, "Do you like it here?"

"Where are we?"