𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐮𝐞 - 𝐀𝐥𝐥 𝐎𝐟 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐃𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦𝐬

Prologue.

✎ᝰ

IN THE HEART OF PARIS, where cobblestones echoed with whispered histories and grievances pressed against the walls of towering buildings, there existed a small room.

This was Elizabeth Pontmercy's sanctuary, an enclave for the imagination amidst the rigid constraints of her grandfather's grand, yet suffocating, estate. The small attic space, tucked beneath the peaked roof, was filled with dusty tomes, ink-smudged parchment, and the remnants of daydreams that danced in the air, longing to be captured and set free.

The world outside her window flowed by like a river, a relentless stream of color and sound that Elizabeth could only witness from a distance.

Each day, as the sun slanted its warm fingers across the cobblestone streets of Paris, Elizabeth watched.

She was an observer of life, a silent spectator marooned in a world she did not belong to, confined within the grand walls of her grandfather's house.

Each morning unfolded in a monotonous ritual. Elizabeth would rise and push aside the heavy curtains, watching as the city below delighted in its own existence.

Children played in the streets, laughter ringing through the air like music; merchants shouted their wares, their voices painting a vibrant mural of commerce; lovers strolled hand in hand, oblivious to her longing gaze.

With each sight and sound, her heart ached, twisting with an almost palpable hunger for connection, a desire to leap and immerse herself in the chaotic dance of humanity.

She wanted to live stories, not merely write them.

Yet with every passing day, as the sun began its descent and the shadows stretched long across the street, her dreams felt more distant. The echoes of laughter and conversations fluttered in through her window, teasing her senses and intensifying her solitude.

The ink upon her pages became a bittersweet reminder of her own confinement; however, if her stories were to be recognized, if they were to touch the hearts of the world beyond, what would it take to break free?

She dreamt of tossing aside her pen and venturing into the streets, weaving her own narrative among the vibrant lives that thrummed just beyond her reach.

Little did she know that the universe had already begun to alter the trajectory of her existence, crafting an event as unexpected as it was irrevocably transformative.

Months passed, and her opportunities for freedom felt like sand slipping through her fingers. Trapped by the gilded bars of her inherited status, Elizabeth could only hope for change that seemed as improbable as caught sunlight in the depth of winter.

It was during one particularly bleak afternoon, as a dreary rain cascaded against the glass like tears of the forlorn, that her life took a turn she could not have anticipated.

As the thunder rolled and the sky wept for the forgotten souls of Paris, a quarrel between Marius and their grandfather erupted. She stood at her window, rain-soaked and eyes widened, her heart pounding like the beating of war drums as shouts drifted to her ears.

The storm whispered of heartbreak while the tempest within her yearned for a release. Flashes of anger ignited within her chest, a confusion of longing and dread.

On that day, Elizabeth Pontmercy would learn that sometimes the greatest fears birthed the most significant freedoms. The tempest of familial discord became her own guiding storm.

She would find more than friendship; she would discover love, a love that clashed with the walls she had erected to protect her heart, a love that would challenge her in ways she never anticipated.

Soon, they would find a way to transcend their enmity, to silence the doubts that intertwined their souls and fill her empty pages with their story.

The tale of a young girl, a golden-haired leader, a quill poised over parchment holding promises of a world yet to come, waiting to burst into reality.

✎ᝰ