'After a stage, money doesn't matter' - R Ashwin on Rohit Sharma MI

The Indian Premier League (IPL) 2025 big auction could be full of surprises, with a few franchise stalwarts expected to transfer bases. A lot of attention is focused on Rohit Sharma, whose future with the Mumbai Indians (MI) is questionable.

While there is no indication that the five-time IPL champions will release Rohit, pundits and fans have been debating the possibility. MI appointed Hardik Pandya as captain for IPL 2024, after Rohit, who has guided the franchise to five titles. This move was met with widespread outrage from supporters. According to reports, the Indian captain was dissatisfied with the team's performance.

https://finebook247.in/after-a-stage-money-doesnt-matter-r-ashwin-on-rohit-sharma-mumbai-indians-future/

As the blockbuster auction is likely to take place ahead of the IPL 2025, rumors over Rohit departing Mumbai has spread throughout the cricket community. However, Ravichandran Ashwin believes that the great Mumbai batter would remain at MI.

"It's not wrong to think like Rohit."I do not want any headaches. I was a captain for India. I've captained Mumbai several times. Even if I'm not a captain, I'm excited to visit Mumbai. It would be great if I could play for Mumbai. I'm sure most players are like this. After a certain point, money becomes irrelevant to some of those players. That's the point," Ashwin explained on his YouTube account.

How did Rohit Sharma and MI fare in the IPL 2024?

Rohit enjoyed the fifth most prolific run-scoring season in his long IPL career. The right-handed batsman made 417 runs, the most in an IPL season since 2016. He scored a century and fifty, with the highest score of 105*. He averaged 32.08 and had a stellar strike rate of 150 this season.

While Rohit's stats were good in IPL 2024, MI had a terrible campaign under Pandya's leadership, finishing bottom on the points table with only four victories from 14 games. MI management is well-known for its unwavering determination to succeed. They will stop at nothing to construct a powerful team for the IPL 2025. However, it remains uncertain whether Rohit will play a role in their redemption story.