Ian Bell is named as Sri Lanka's batting coach for the England tour.

Ian Bell, a former cricketer for England. He was appointed Sri Lanka's batting coach on Tuesday. Ahead of the three-match Test series against the English. For the three-match Test series against England. Ian Bell, a former cricketer for England. It was designated Sri Lanka's batting coach on Tuesday. In order to capitalize on his 118 Test match experience. Sri Lanka Cricket claimed that the 42-year-old former right-hand batsman for England was hired.

"Ian was brought in to provide the players with important insights about the conditions. There as someone with local knowledge," stated Ashley de Silva, chief executive of Sri Lanka Cricket. "We believe his inputs will help our team in this crucial tour." Head coach Chris Silverwood resigned after Sri Lanka's early elimination from the T20 World Cup. The country selected former captain Sanath Jayasuriya in his stead last month.

Until a long-term replacement is found, Jayasuriya, 55. It will lead the national team as "interim" coach.

Jayasuriya played 586 matches for Sri Lanka in all three formats of the game, amassing 42 centuries and 440 wickets. 2011 marked his final international appearance. In the absence of a permanent replacement, Jayasuriya, 55, will lead the national team as "interim" coach. Jayasuriya played 586 matches for Sri Lanka in all three formats of the game, amassing 42 centuries and 440 wickets. 2011 marked his final international appearance.

Sri Lanka vs England

According to Sri Lanka Cricket, 49-year-old former England coach Silverwood resigned for "personal reasons". During the T20 World Cup, Sri Lanka only triumphed in one match against the Netherlands and placed third in their group, behind Bangladesh and South Africa.

After taking over in April 2022, Silverwood had quick success as Sri Lanka emerged victorious in the T20 Asia Cup. In 2023, Sri Lanka advanced to the Asia Cup 50-over championship match. You can only listen to the newest music on JioSaavn - Listen to New & Old Hindi Songs. Anywhere, Anytime..

They did not, however, go to the knockout stages of the 50-over World Cup last year or the T20 World Cup in 2022.