Rahul, Pant, Suryakumar, Gill set to play Duleep Trophy

Duleep Trophy : Previous to the start of the international season. Senior players like Rohit, Kohli, Bumrah, and Ashwin are probably going to miss the competition.

The teams for India's season-opening Duleep Trophy, which takes place on September 5. This month of the selection panel headed to given Ajit Agarkar. Without Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, R Ashwin, and Jasprit Bumrah. The majority of the other centrally contracted players. They're going to take part in the four-team competition.

KL Rahul previously sustained an injury. This year that caused him to miss four of the five England Test matches. Rishabh Pant, who may play in his first red-ball match. After fully recovering from a vehicle accident in December 2022. Are two players that will be being monitored. Aside from Rajat Patidar, Shubman Gill, Yashasvi Jaiswal, Sarfaraz Khan, and Suryakumar Yadav. These additional specialist batters are probably going to be selected among the four squads.

Mohammed Shami, who is getting close to being fully healthy. As he nears the end of his rehabilitation at the NCA in Bengaluru, Shami has been gradually increasing his bowling workload over the past week.

Duleep Trophy Test Series IND vs BAN

The senior players will get a longer rest, The first of their ten Test assignments. A two-Test series against Bangladesh. Which begins in Chennai on September 19, begins. India will play five Tests in Australia and five at home.

Logistical reasons may force the simultaneous staging of two Duleep Trophy matches. Moving from Anantapur to Bengaluru commencing on September 5. There have been casual requests to see. If the Karnataka State Cricket Association (KSCA) is willing to host the match.

The decision to include multiple contractual players in the league aligns with the BCCI's objective of prioritising domestic cricket. Shreyas Iyer and Ishan Kishan lost their central contracts. According to a letter secretary Jay Shah sent out in February threatening "severe implications". If the IPL was given priority over domestic cricket.

Originally, a convener from each of the six zones selected the winners of the Duleep Trophy. Which was a zonal contest. Agarkar was part of a BCCI working group that suggested changing the format. Former head coach Rahul Dravid, NCA chief VVS Laxman, Rahul Dravid, and BCCI general manager Abey Kuruvilla.

The selectors could give players from a wider pool including those in the targeted group enough opportunities. Starting on September 22, there will be a four-team competition. And will feature round-robin play between each club and the other three. The winner will be the topping at the conclusion of the standings.