Dwayne Bravo retires from all cricket

Dwayne Bravo, whose injury ended his CPL 2024, has announced his retirement from all cricket-related activities. He is the all-time top wicket-taker in T20 history. Bravo retired from the IPL last year. Bravo posted on Instagram on Thursday (September 26) to announce his retirement. "21 years as a professional cricketer – it's been an incredible journey, filled with many highs and a few lows," Bravo wrote. The main reason I was able to fulfill my dream was that I gave you my all at every turn. Even though I really want to keep our relationship going, it's time to accept reality.

"My body can no longer withstand the pain, the breakdowns, and the strain, but my mind wants to keep going. I can't put myself in a situation where I could disappoint my supporters, my teammates, or the teams I play for.

https://finebook247.in/

Thus, I humbly declare my official resignation from the sport. The Champion says goodbye for now.

The legendary West Indian cricket player had already left the national team in 2021 and had since dabbled in coaching in addition to working as a freelancer in the T20 leagues. Bravo has worked with his IPL team, Chennai Super Kings, for the past 12 months. He was also named Afghanistan's bowling consultant for the 2024 T20 World Cup in the USA and the West Indies.

Dwayne Bravo

Bravo had an 18-year T20 cricket career during which he won titles with teams in the CPL, IPL, Pakistan Super League, and Big Bash League. Before helping St. Kitts & Nevis Patriots win their first CPL championship in 2021. He led Trinbago Knight Riders to back-to-back triumphs in 2017 and 2018. This makes three of his five CPL victories with the team. In addition, he guided the West Indies to victory in two World Cups and finished his career with 631 wickets in 582 matches played in the game's shortest format.

Dwayne won championships with his CPL clubs in the Big Bash League, the IPL, the Pakistan Super League, and the CPL throughout his 18-year career in Twenty20 cricket. Leading Trinbago Knight Riders to back-to-back championships in 2017 and 2018, he has three CPL titles with the team.

In 2021, he will lead St Kitts & Nevis Patriots to their first title. Dwayne was also the captain of the West Indies team that won the World Cup twice. He finishes his career with 631 wickets in 582 matches, the fewest in the game's history. He declared at the beginning of the current CPL season that it will be his final one. His chances of being retained by MI Emirates in the UAE's ILT20 were dashed earlier this week when he sustained a groin injury while fielding in a CPL 2024 match.