Wickramasinghe will play his first ODI against the West Indies.

While Chamika Karunaratne and Akila Dananjaya are out, Jeffrey Vandersay and Dilshan Madushanka are in for a three-match series.

Uncapped all-rounder Chamindu Wickramasinghe bowls quickly. Who was chosen above Chamika Karunaratne in Sri Lanka's 16-man team to play the West Indies. He will play in an ODI. Off-spinner Akila Dananjaya has been replaced by leg-spinner Jeffrey Vandersay.

Karunaratne's omission supports the idea that, under the new coaching and selection process. He has simply lost favor. Despite being a member of multiple squads subsequently. He did not play for Sri Lanka in the 2023 ODI World Cup.

However, Wickramasinghe's ascent after strong batting performances in the Lanka Premier League in July has matched his downward trajectory. Prior to Dunith Wellalage being favored over him due to increasingly spin-friendly pitches. He participated in the opening match of the T20I series against the West Indies.

Wickramasinghe

Mohamed Shiraz, who was added to the team late to play India. Keeps his spot in lieu of the injured Dilshan Madushanka and Matheesha Pathirana. Madushanka is also returning after missing the T20I series against the West Indies.

Not mentioned is Pathirana, who played in all three Twenty20 Internationals against the West Indies. Asitha Fernando completes the range of pace choices. Maheesh Theekshana and Wanindu Hasaranga will front a potent attack in spin bowling, with Vandersay and Wellalage offering support.

The batting lineup for Sri Lanka is unaltered. With players like Avishka Fernando, Pathum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis, Kamindu Mendis, Janith Liyanage, Sadeera Samarawickrama, and Nishan Madushka, Skipper Charith Asalanka leads a formidable squad.

On October 20, the three-match series will begin. Pallekele is where all three games will take place.

The Sri Lanka T20I team for the West Indies series

Charith Asalanka (captain), Jeffrey Vandersay, Chamindu Wickramasinghe, Asitha Fernando, Dilshan Madushanka, Mohamed Shiraz, Janith Liyanage, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Nishan Madushka, Dunith Wellalage, Wanindu Hasaranga, Maheesh Theekshana, and Pathum Nissanka