'Exceptional' series against Bangladesh, Rohit hopes, doesn't go 'unnoticed'

The captain of India Rohit Sharma also commends his field players, stating that a few key catches accelerated their pursuit of win in Kanpur.

The captain of India, Rohit Sharma, has praised his team for taking the chance to force a result in the second Test match against Bangladesh in Kanpur. When play was suspended for two days due to rain. Even though there were just 35 overs bowled in total over the first three days. India managed to defeat Bangladesh, the weather, and time to sweep the series 2-0, maintaining their lead atop the World Test Championship (WTC) standings.

In the post-lunch session on day four, Rohit set the tone by hitting the first two balls he faced for sixes as India's assault bowled Bangladesh out for 233. The other hitters agreed with this strategy as well, even though it may have either outcome.

Rohit Sharma

Rohit Sharma informed bcci.tv that the bowlers arrived at the celebration first. They secured the wickets we required, and once we were inside. We had to assume some risk in order to succeed. I was fine with the outcome even though I knew it might have gone other way. It takes courage to accept those judgments and go to play that way. Which is why Gautam Gambhir, the coach. The other players were also astounded. Everything appears good when everything falls into place.

When things don't fall into place, that's where things might shift quickly. Everyone would have immediately begun to criticize the choice we made and everything. But in this changing room, what matters is what we think. It was what was important, and for this game, that is the strategy we used.

It was a clear plan that we desire the result. How we can attain the result. Everyone began looking for solutions to that. It was, in my opinion, a remarkable series. It could pass unnoticed.