A Heart Once Broken

Three years ago

Justin clapped me on the back. "You're finally going to make it official. I'm thrilled for you both. You deserve it."

I beamed at my best friend, my heart racing with excitement. Delia and I had been inseparable since we discovered the meaning of love. She was the sunshine that illuminated my dark world. My Delia.

I stood at the altar, eagerly awaiting her arrival, in the church where we would secretly exchange our vows.

Our parents would never approve, but we didn't care. We were willing to risk everything for our love.

As the minutes ticked by, I grew anxious. One hour passed, then two... Where was she? Had she changed her mind? No, she loved me. She'd come.

But as the hours turned into three, my hope began to dwindle. Her phone was not reachable. No matter how I much I tried I couldn't get through.

Justin had to leave, the pastor departed, and I was left standing alone in the rain, my heart bleeding.

She didn't come. She left me. She didn't fight for our love. She couldn't fight for us.

Why, Delia?

♧♡♧

One week later...

I still reeled from the shock of being left at the altar. The wound was raw, and my heart felt like it had been ripped apart.

Then, out of the blue, I received a message from Delia. She wanted to meet at a restaurant to talk.

My mind raced with questions. Why now? What did she want to say? Did she have an explanation for her disappearance? Did something happen to her?

I arrived at the restaurant, my emotions in turmoil. I spotted a familiar figure in the corner, but as I approached, my heart sank. It was just a stranger with a similar hairstyle.

I waited for an hour, nursing a cold cup of coffee, but Delia never showed up. Again.

The realization hit me like a ton of bricks. She'd stood me up. Twice.

The pain and anger boiled over, and I slammed my fist on the table. Why was she playing with me like this? Didn't she know I was already bleeding?

I got up and left, the bitter taste of betrayal lingering in my mouth. That's when I knew I had to move on. I had to erase Delia from my heart and mind.

It was at that moment I made it my to destroy Delia King.

I'd hurt her for hurting me.

I hate her!!

A/N: Would you love to read more of this? Check out my new book babies ❤❤❤