22. His part pt. 2

FLASHBACK (18 years ago)

It was raining heavily with the lighting sound and thunderstorms.

Some people were running here and there with their umbrellas. Some were running while holding their child. Some don't even care about getting wet.

But, there was this one child who was lying on the footpath, fully drenched in the rain.

Nobody noticed the poor child until one man came and saw the child. He picked him up and immediately went towards his car.

He started the engine and drove to the hospital. 

Once he reached, he opened the door and carried the child who was sitting behind him.

He ran towards the entrance as he shouted, "DOCTOR!! DOCTOR!!"

Suddenly a nurse came running towards him and asked, "What's wrong, Sir?"

"This child is totally drenched in rain, I called him, but he didn't reply!! Can you please help me?" He begged.

"Yes, sir, please calm down, I'll call the doctor now."

After a few seconds, the doctor asked, "What happened?"

"Doctor, this child is totally drenched in rain, and he's not able to breathe."

"Please help him, Doctor!!" the man pleaded, and the doctor said, "Yes sir, don't worry, we'll try our best to save him." he then made the child lay on the hospital bed and went towards the operation room with the nurse behind him.

After 2 hours,
(From his perspective)

I was sitting in front of the operation door and praying to God

The door opened, and he quickly stood up and asked him, "Is he okay, doctor?!"

"We can't say anything for now, sir. we are still trying our best to save him. His lungs are filled up with water, which makes it difficult for him to breathe."

The man stood there, not saying anything, "So, he'll be okay or not?"

"As I said before, we can't say anything for now, I'm sorry, sir." he said and went.

I sat and thought about the poor child. What about his parents? does he even have them?

I felt pity for him.

TIME SKIP

I kept waiting for the child I didn't even know. But as I love children, I can't bear to lose one.

Suddenly, the nurse opened the door and shouted, "Doctor!! Please come here it's an emergency!!!"

I widened my eyes and asked the nurse, "What emergency??"

She ignored me and the doctor came and they went inside the room.

I rolled my eyes at her ignorance.
After a few minutes, the door opened, revealing the doctor with a smile.

I got confused and asked him, "What happened, doctor?"

"He's breathing normally Sir, there's no need to worry now. We attached a tube to his windpipe so that it will absorb all the water, and he's all okay now." He said with a smile.

"Thank you so much, doctor!!! THANK YOU!!" I shaked my hands with him.

"My pleasure, that's what we do." He smiled once again and went.

Then a nurse came and said, "You can meet him now, Sir." she said with a smile.

I thanked the nurse and entered the room without making any noise.

I sat on the chair beside his bed and looked at him quietly.

He might've felt my presence as he opened his eyes slowly and looked at me.

What an innocent child...

"You okay, child?"

He was still looking at me, not saying anything. 

"Hey, don't be scared, I won't hurt you. In fact, I'm the one who saved you while you were drenched in the rain."  I said softly to him.

"What is your name?" he finally asked.

I smiled and said, "I'm Park Joon Woo. What's your name?"

"Choi Beomgyu."