Chapter 14: "breaking up with Ramy"

"Julia," Jad whispered, his voice low and filled with emotion. He reached out, tucking a loose strand of hair behind her ear. "I've wanted to spend this time with you for so long."

Julia's heart raced as she looked up at him, their faces inches apart.

Jad leaned in, his forehead resting gently against hers. "Who are you?!" he murmured, his breath warm on her skin.

He cupped her face in his hands, his touch tender and loving. Slowly, he leaned in and pressed his lips to hers in a soft, lingering kiss. Julia responded, her arms wrapping around his neck, pulling him closer.

They broke apart, breathless, their foreheads still touching. He looked into her eyes, his expression serious yet filled with warmth. Then, they started sharing passionate French kisses where their tongues intertwined in a dance of their own, conveying emotions that words couldn't express. Then she turned her face slightly, signaling her desire for the moment to pause without directly voicing it.

But as the clock struck 2:45 A.M., reality came crashing back in, pulling Julia from the depths of her reverie. Without meeting Jad's gaze, she straightened up and began to move away.

"It's late," she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper. "I have to go, Jad."

But as she reached for the door, Jad's hand closed around hers.

"Please,Let me take you home."

"No, thank you. I don't want to intrude."

Julia decided to go to Chantal's house to tell her what happened .

Suddenly, as Julia was heading upstairs, she bumped into Rami, who was just returning from his job. (She forgot about it)

"Why are you so late?" he asked, eyeing her attire. "And why are you wearing this open dress? Where have you been?"

Surprised, Julia stammered, "I had a dance class, and dinner."

Ramy's eyes narrowed. "A dinner ? With whom? With Jad?"

Julia stood her ground, her voice steady. "No It wasn't With Jad. I mean I was ,We were practicing a dance for a video he wants to shoot in his garden."

Ramy's frustration boiled over. "Don't lie to me, Julia. You expect me to believe that?"

Julia crossed her arms, her expression firm. "Yes, because it's the truth. We were dancing, nothing more."

Ramy stepped closer, his voice shaking with hurt. "I saw the way he always looks at you, Julia. And now, you come home at 3 a.m., dressed like this, expecting me to believe you were just dancing?"

"Yes, you should believe . Because that's exactly what happened."

Ramy's anger turned into a bitter laugh. "Do you think I'm stupid? Do you think I can't see what's going on?"

Julia's frustration grew. "I'm not sneaking around! We were practicing for a dance video. You can see the video when it's uploaded on YouTube ."

Ramy's voice softened slightly, but his words were cutting. "Even if that's true, I can't do this anymore. I can't be with someone who makes me feel this way, Julia. Who makes me doubt everything."

In her mind, Julia felt a wave of guilt. Oh my God, what have I done? I'm not a traitor. How did this happen with Jad?

"Even if all you said is true," Ramy said, his voice softening slightly, "we can't be together anymore. I'm sorry, I can't be with a girl who loves someone else. Maybe it was my fault I didn't give you what Jad gives you."

Julia felt a pang of sadness but stood her ground. "I accept your choice, Ramy. But you have to know, there's nothing between me and Jad. He's just a coach. Even if I leave you, it doesn't mean I'll have Jad as a boyfriend. I'm not that kind of person."