Chapter 21: "drunk"

Jean leaned forward, his expression gentle but concerned. "Julia, your mother and I have been noticing how hard you've been working lately. We're so proud of everything you've achieved as an influencer, but we can't help but worry. How are you really doing with it all?"

Julia sighed, resting her hands on the table. "I'm okay, Dad. It's just... there's always something to do. Between ads, photoshoots, and keeping my followers engaged, it feels like I'm always on the go. I love what I do, but it's a lot to manage."

Patrissia reached out, her voice soft with concern. "We know you're passionate about your work, but you need to make sure you're taking care of yourself too. It's easy to get lost in all the online demands and forget to just be present in your own life."

"I've been trying to keep a balance, but it's tough. Sometimes, I feel like I'm living through my phone instead of in the moment."

Jean gave her a reassuring smile. "Maybe it's time to set some boundaries. You need time for yourself, to enjoy life outside of work. We just want you to be happy, not overwhelmed."

Julia smiled softly, appreciating their concern. "You're right. I'll work on finding a better balance. I don't want to lose sight of what's important."

Patrissia squeezed her hand gently. "That's all we ask, sweetheart. We're so proud of you, but remember, you're more than just your work. We love you, no matter what."

Julia looked at her parents with a warm smile. "I love you so much, my beautiful parents. Now, I have to dress up for tonight. I'm going to have a party night at Sky Bar, so I might be late coming back. I'll probably be home around 4:00 o'clock, so I'll take the key with me."

Jean and Patrissia exchanged glances before Patrissia asked, "With who are you going?"

Julia replied as she headed to her room, "Chady, Chantal, Eva, Mireille, and Joe."

Jean nodded, "Okay, sweetheart. Enjoy your night."

Later that evening, Julia and her friends were having a blast at Sky Bar. The music was loud, the atmosphere electric, and the drinks kept flowing. Julia, feeling the effects of one too many cocktails, was laughing and dancing with her friends without a care in the world.

Chady: "Sky Bar is gonna be lit tonight! I heard they've got a new DJ."

Mireille: "I'm just excited to dance. We haven't had a good night out in a while."

Eva: "Julia, you need to let loose tonight. No thinking about work, just have fun!"

Julia: Laughing "Don't worry, I'm all in for tonight. I've been looking forward to this."

Joe: "We'll make sure it's a night to remember."

Chantal: "Who's up for some shots as soon as we get there?"

Julia: "I'm in! Let's start the night right."

As the night wore on, the group was in high spirits, laughing, dancing, and toasting to good times. The music thumped through the club, and the lights created a vibrant, electric atmosphere. Julia, caught up in the moment, was taking drink after drink, not realizing how much she was consuming. Her friends were equally caught up in the fun, unaware of how quickly the alcohol was catching up to her.

Later, as the group started to wind down, Julia pulled out her phone and decided to call Jad. She dialed his number with shaky hands, giggling as she listened to the ringing.

Jad: Answering the phone "Julia? Everything okay? It's 3:00 Am

Julia:"I was on your Instagram today... so handsome, Jad!"