29 | Found

"Hold still," Chloe muttered as she applied lip gloss to my lips.

"You're taking forever," I complained. Two hours had already passed with Chloe doing my hair and makeup, and we still weren't finished.

"I'm sorry, did you want me to use a magic wand to get you ready in seconds?" she retorted with a hint of sarcasm. She put the lip gloss down and walked behind me, letting me see my reflection in the mirror.

We opted for a dramatic smokey eye and nude lips. She styled my hair in loose waves that cascaded elegantly down my back.

"I'm done," Chloe said with a satisfied smile as she admired her work. "You look stunning. If Zayn doesn't tear that dress off you and devour you tonight, then he's got serious issues."

I laughed. "I'm more worried he'll tear me apart for showing up at his house unannounced."

"You'll be fine. Now, let's get you into that dress."

I walked to my closet, pulled out the dress, and laid it on the bed. After quickly undressing, I slipped into the dress. Given its design, it didn't allow me to wear anything under the dress.

Chloe handed me a pair of sleek black heels and helped me slip them on. We both walked to the mirror to admire the final look.

I had to admit, Chloe did a great job with the hair and makeup. "Thank you so much, Chloe," I said, my smile sincere as I turned and hugged her.

"Anytime, babe," she said, hugging me back. "Alright, let's get you to that party."

I grabbed a small black bag and stuffed my phone into it. We both made our way down the stairs and out of my house, heading for her car.

Once we were settled in, she started the engine and drove toward Zayn's house. "If you need a ride back, just call me," she said. "Doesn't matter what time."

I smiled at her. She really was a great friend, and I was grateful to have her in my life. "Thank you for everything."

She grinned. "And if you spot any cute guys at the party, don't forget to pass along my number."

"I'll make sure to," I laughed.

We drove on until we reached Zayn's house. Chloe's jaw dropped as she took in the sight. "You forgot to mention he lives in a freaking mansion?" she exclaimed.

"Did I?"

She gave me a look. "Yeah, I think you did."

"Well, he does."

She rolled her eyes. "Go. Now," she said, pushing me out of the car.

I leaned in and hugged her one last time. "I'll call you tomorrow and fill you in on how it went."

"I'll be waiting for that call. And don't forget to have fun," she replied as I closed the car door behind me.

I walked toward the front door, my heart racing. It was too late to turn back now. I passed by rows of luxury cars until I finally reached the entrance.

A man in a sleek black suit opened the door for me. "Welcome," he said. I gave him a small smile as I stepped inside.

I surveyed the room, packed with men and women laughing and drinking. Everything about them screamed wealth and influence. The men sported impeccably tailored suits, while the women wore gowns that likely cost more than I could fathom.

As I navigated through the crowd, I could feel the occasional, probing stare from the men. I continued until I spotted a familiar face. A smile briefly lit up my face, but it quickly vanished as he hurried over to me.