26 | Ignore

Chloe dropped me off at home around 10:30 that night. Spending the day with her helped me temporarily forget about what had happened with Noah earlier.

However, Zayn had different ideas. He called and texted me repeatedly until I decided to turn off my phone completely.

I could ask him directly if what Noah said was true, but I wasn't sure if he would be honest about it. I just needed some time to think about what Noah had told me.

After showering, I emerged from the bathroom and dressed in a set of matching white underwear and bra. Water droplets from my hair trickled down my skin and onto the floor as I walked down the stairs.

As I reached the bottom step, a deep voice echoed from the living room. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw Zayn sitting on the couch in the dimly lit room.

I stood frozen in my spot. "How did you get into my house?" My heart continued to race, feeling like it might burst from my chest.

Ignoring my question, he casually tossed my phone onto the table. "Why was your phone off?" he asked, his voice deceptively calm.

"Because you wouldn't stop calling me," I snapped in frustration.

"Why were you ignoring me then?"

I crossed my arms tightly over my chest and glared at him. He broke into my house and thinks he has the right to question me?

"How did you get inside my house, Zayn?" I asked firmly, trying to maintain composure.

"I have a key," he answered nonchalantly.

My lips parted in shock. "You made a copy of my house key?" I gasped, a mix of disbelief and anger welling up inside me.

He nodded. "You can have it if you want. I have more than one."

"Are you insane?" I exclaimed. "What normal person makes a copy of someone else's house key?"

"I never claimed to be normal, princess."

I felt his gaze travel down my body, suddenly aware of what I was wearing—or rather, what I wasn't wearing.

He leaned back into the couch, spreading his legs wide. "Come here," he demanded, patting his thigh. My mind screamed at me to run, but my body yearned for his touch.

Ignoring the impulse, I walked past him and entered the kitchen. I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge.

I turned to head back to my room, only to find Zayn standing a few steps away from me. I could feel the anger radiating off of him.

Taking a shallow breath, I gathered the courage to pass by him once more. But just as I thought I could slip away, he swiftly grabbed my arm and drew me close against his chest.

He tilted his head down, his lips near my ear. "You've made a very poor choice, princess," he murmured in a husky, low voice.

I tried to step back, but his hands held me firmly. "Did I hurt your feelings by ignoring your calls?" I teased, which only caused him to tighten his grip.

"Do you want to know what else is going to hurt?"

"What?" | questioned, trying to mask my unease.

"Your body, when I'm done fucking you," he growled with a menacing tone. "Hard." Before I could react, he swept me over his shoulder and strode out of the kitchen.

"Zayn, let me go!" | shouted, but my protests fell on deaf ears. "I'm serious, put me down now or you'll regret it!"

He let out a short laugh as he made his way up the stairs. "You can't just come into my house and act like you own the place," I said firmly.