CHAPTER ELEVEN

Just then, the office door opened again, and Autumn suddenly walked in, her face still showing signs of the emotional turmoil she was going through. She glanced around the room and then her gaze settled on Mia.

"Mia, I—" Autumn began, but Mia interrupted gently.

"Autumn, it's okay. Reece is on his way. I thought you might need him," Mia said softly.

Autumn's eyes widened in surprise, and for a moment, her tough exterior seemed to crack. She nodded, swallowing hard, and said, "Thank you."

Marjorie and Char exchanged a glance, sensing the depth of what had just transpired. The room fell into a contemplative silence, each person grappling with their own thoughts and emotions.

Finally, Mia broke the silence. "Autumn, why don't we wait for Reece outside? The fresh air might do us both some good."

Autumn nodded again, and the two women left the office, heading back to the bench where they had talked earlier. The weight of the past still hung heavily over them, but for the first time in a long while, there was a glimmer of hope.
Could things ever be like they were before?

_________________________________________

A/N:
I'm so sorry for not updating sooner. I've been incredibly busy, so here's another chapter. It's a short one though, enjoy <3