Chapter 9: Cargo Check

Despite my small mishap, we managed to get on our train without any problems. Thanks to Sari booking our seats online, I managed to spend the ride sleeping blissfully. After exiting at our station, we ate a quick lunch before taking a bus to the shipping provider.

"I have to admit, even though the weather in this country sucks, at least the food's good. Bakso might be in my top 10 right now," I stated, fully satisfied by Sari's choice of lunch.

"Everything in this country sucks, but the one thing we can't complain about is the food. Especially bakso." Sari voiced her agreement.

"Agreed... But didn't you say bakso was soup with meatballs? Wasn't it more like round sausages?" I asked while tilting my head.

"It's meat that's ball-shaped, so it doesn't matter. You ask the strangest things, I swear." Sari commented before peering at the list of stations inside the bus. "We're exiting here, detective. Get ready to leave."

"Sure thing."

My eyes glanced over the massive backpack that Sari was carrying. I know that girls usually carry a lot more things when traveling, but her backpack definitely looked like it was carrying more than two days' worth of necessities.

"You sure you don't want me to carry your bag for you?" I ended up asking her the same question that I asked on the train before.

"It's fine, detective. Don't miss the stop because you're too busy worrying over me," Sari dismissed my question.

"Alright, alright. Just lead the way," I finally gave up over helping her and followed her along.

With Sari's guidance, I followed her lead and exited the bus. The intense heat immediately hammered me after exiting the cold embrace of the air-conditioned bus, which almost made me cuss out loud. I stopped myself with great restraint and continued following Sari toward the shipping provider. Thankfully, it wasn't too far away from the bus station.

The shipping provider's location was filled with rows and rows of warehouses, with various trucks continuously coming and leaving the place. Although I've visited similar places before, there was one detail that made this place stand out to me at this very moment.

"The warehouses are all fully air-conditioned?! Hurrah to technology!" I proclaimed loudly while enjoying the cool air. After Sari informed the receptionist that we came here to help Risu, they swiftly confirmed it with Risu and allowed us to wait in the warehouse that stored her delivery. Thanks to their hospitality, we managed to get away from the harsh weather outside.

"I won't deny it, this is pretty nice compared to that lousy fan we have in the office..." Sari agreed quietly while basking in the cool air. "I guess they have to put air conditioning in all of their warehouses when we consider the cargo this place is dealing with."

"You got that right."

I pulled out the business card that Risu gave us before, which contained an icon of a small polar bear inside a pot. Next to it was a text labeled "Yukihana Group: ID Branch" along with a smaller text under it labeled "Ice Sculptures and Brewing Company". Despite the cold choice of white and blue colors on the business card, the choice of mascot and font made the card look warm and fuzzy instead.

"I have to say, ice sculptures and alcohol are certainly an odd combination. What kind of person would start this kind of business?" Sari questioned.

"I don't know, but it gave off the vibe of someone that likes to party and drink a lot." I gave a shrug in response before focusing on the trailer that contained Risu's delivery. "So this is the cargo, huh? Let's have a quick quiz. What do you think the cargo is, Sari? Ice sculpture or alcohol?" I asked with a mischievous smile.