Convincing

I burst into Dandy's office, a frustrated gleam in my twinkle. "Dandy!" I shouted. He rolled back from behind a separated wall, spinning on a spin-y chair. "Awwww ya really can't get enough of me, can ya, darling?~"

Despite the sudden blush on my face, I kept what mattered most in my head. "What is up with these tests, Dandy?! Was it really necessary to do that to Sprout?! Or any of them, for that matter?! This is seriously getting out of hand."

He stood up, slowly walking over to me. He put a hand on my shoulder, tilting his head sympathetically. Who did he think he was, to do that? Some actually caring, loving, not at all sadistic, narcissistic, and charismatic boyfriend?

"Astro, I get how you're feeling, I really do. You care about your friends and what they're feeling. But haven't you ever thought about what the others are feeling? What they go through when they twist? What we feel, the uncertainty and confusion of not knowing how long it'll take for them to twist?

Think about it, Asy......it's for the others.....it's for us....!..we will let the others go, don't worry, it'll all be okay. Stop worrying, pal...!"

What he said left me thinking. I stood there in silence, processing the information. He kissed my cheek, flopping back down on the wheel-y chair and spinning away.

How was I supposed to argue with that? He makes really convincing points....maybe I'm just trying to start things....

I'm just being selfish. I can trust Dandy, because he trusts me. I stood up straighter, using my lower arms to brush myself off, sighing. "Okay, Dandy."

"I trust you."

Dandy turned around, looking shocked for a moment, before going back to his smile. "Hahah, of course you do! You'd do anything for me! And I love you for that." I walked over beside him, resting my chin on his shoulder. "And I love you for trusting me."

His smile faltered.

"Right..!"