A new journey

Keqing arrives at the Jade Chamber and is greeted by Ningguang. She bows respectfully, preparing herself for a long day of planning and discussions.

-Good morning, Lady Ningguang. You requested my assistance today?

-Ah, Keqing, glad to see you are ok. I did, a new month has started and we need to work out the plan for it. This actually shouldn't take long since is you and I. After that, you are free to go and use the rest of the day however you see fit.

Keqing nods, appreciating the brevity of the task at hand. She takes a seat next to Ningguang, ready to get to work.

-Alright, then let's get started. What do you have planned for this month's economic affairs?

As much as I'd like to create a development of Liyue economics and it's culture, this is just getting TOO DAMN LONG, so I'll cut to the chase and let the TRUE adventure start. (Is not like it took me 4 chapters, no no no no no nooooo... xD)

Both Keqing and Ningguang were about to finish the plan when a familiar voice meet their ears.-Well, here at last. That took us long enough, who would've thought that sumber beasts needed that much care? Now Paimon feels a little bad for eating the solsettias she did.

Keqing's attention is immediately diverted by the sound of Paimon's voice. She turns her head towards the entrance, seeing the traveler and Paimon standing beside them. She glances at the traveler before returning her gaze to Ningguang.

-Well, it looks like they're here.

-You can go meet them, Keqing. I can finish with the rest. Thanks for your assistance today.

Keqing nods, slightly surprised at Ningguang's dismissal but thankful for the opportunity to speak with the traveler and Paimon without any distractions.

-Thank you, Lady Ningguang. I'll go meet them then.

She stands up and makes her way over to the traveler and Paimon, a slight feeling of excitement and nervousness stirring within her.

Keqing smiles back at Paimon, amused by her cheerful demeanor. She gives her a small wave in return.

-Hey Paimon. I've been well, just been handling some work and responsibilities. How about you? Still following the traveler around and getting into trouble?

-Is not like she knows how to do anything else aside that. Said the traveler in a joking tone. 

-Hey, what was that suppose to mean? Said in a offended tone. For your information, Paimon can do a lot of things.

-Just so you know, Paimon follows the traveler as his guide, not because Paimon gets him into trouble. Says as she cross her little arms-Wait, I remember something at what Paimon is good at. She is the best ermegency food that I have with.

-Are you ever going to stop calling Paimon emergency food? It stopped being funny after the 3rd time.

Keqing gives Paimon a reassuring smile, secretly enjoying the traveler's teasing and her reactions to it.

-Ah, don't worry, Paimon. I doubt the traveler will stop anytime soon. It's just his way of showing affection, in his own teasing manner.

-Guilty as charged.

-Hmph. Anyways, so, Keqing. Jean sent us a letter explaining basically everything, we just need to scort William to Mondstadt, right? Sounds easy enough. By the way, where is he?

Keqing nods, appreciating Paimon's summary of the situation.

-Yes, that's right. Just escort him safely to Mondstadt, it shouldn't be too difficult. As for William, he is currently at my house, probably cooking to pass the time. I'll lead the way so we can go as soon as possible.