Unraveling

Everyone enjoyed the breakfast, talked, told jokes and laughed together. Some members of the Knights of Favonious said that they were in training at the same time as William was, they also said that he acts much different than back then. Keqing, the traveler, Paimon and William waved good bye to their friends in Mondstadt and headed to Sumeru. They actually arrived there after 3 days.

Keqing looked around in awe as they entered the lush forests of Sumeru. The air was filled with a sweet, earthy scent and the sight of vibrant greenery was a welcome change from the stone and steel of Liyue. She glanced at William, who also seemed to be taking in the scenery.

-We're here... in Sumeru.

-We still have some walk to do until we reach Sumeru City. Said the traveler. 

-Yeah, you should still save your energy, we are still not there. Added Paimon.

Keqing nodded, appreciating the heads-up from the traveler and Paimon. She stretched her arms a bit, mentally preparing herself for the walk. But her mind was more focused on the upcoming meeting with the Dendro Archon.

As they walked through the forests, she glanced at William once in a while, wondering how he was feeling. He seemed composed, but she could tell that his mind was probably filled with thoughts about his past.

-William, is everything alright? You seem a bit... lost in thought. She said, her voice gentle and concerned.

-Is just that... I feel a little anxious. My long-waited questions will soon be answered. Even though I'm excited, I'm also a little afraid. Everyone back at Mondstadt said that I had a rought past. And despite me asking for more details, everyone just told me: "You should learn that by yourself. It'd be better that way."

-I understand. It must be nerve-racking to know that your questions will soon be answered, but not knowing what those answers might be. She squeezes his arm reassuringly. But I'll be here with you, every step of the way. No matter what your past holds.

-Thanks, dear. Says with a soft and warm smile, then he realizes what he said and corrects himself nervously. I mean, Keqing! Keqing! Sorry... slipped my toungue.

Keqing couldn't help but let out a small chuckle at his initial slip. It was endearing, seeing him get a little flustered.

-It's fine, William. She replies, a small smile playing on her lips. I don't mind you calling me dear. In fact, I quite like it.

-Uh... He blushes a little and turns away. Well... I guess that since we are an official couple, then I could call you that. Says as he resumes the eye contact, but still blushing.

Keqing smiles at his bashfulness. She finds his blushing adorable, and it's endearing how he's trying to be confident but still gets flustered. She continues walking beside him, feeling a flutter in her heart.

-Yes, you can call me that, officially. She teases a little, enjoying how cute he looks when he's embarrassed.

The group keeps on walking towards Sumeru City, both Keqing and William look to their surroundings as they are mesmerized with how the enviroment of the nation of wisdom look, all the green and tall plants proper for the forests of Sumeru kept them in awe. Aswell as the animals they saw, they kept on walking until they finally arrived to Sumeru City.

Keqing looks around in awe as they enter Sumeru city. The architecture is unlike anything she's seen in Liyue. The city is lush and green, with tall trees and vibrant flowers everywhere. She notices how the city is literally like a giant treehouse. The whole city is built in a humungous tree, actually, humungous falls short on the way of describing the size of the tree, it was indeed just too big.