A promise

Venti puts both of his hands on William's head. A light starts to glow and wind emanates from them. The process has officially started, however, William starts to jolt and scream in pain. Venti doesn't stop even after the clear suffering of William and instead, intensifies his play. Unfortunately, this only brought more pain to William as he screams louder. 

-Tsk... His willforce is extroardinary... I'm not sure if I'll be able to restore his memories. Said Venti as he keeps on.

Keqing flinched at the sound of William's screams of pain as he writhed on the sofa. She could feel her heart clenching in her chest at the sight, feeling an overwhelming sense of helplessness washing over her. She had the urge to stop Venti, to tell him to stop the procedure, but the part of her that trusted in the Archon's abilities kept her rooted to her spot.

She clenched her fists, her knuckles turning white, as she could only watch and listen to William's suffering.

Suddenly, Venti stops. William breaths heavily, gasping for air.-Sorry. Your subconcious is really strong. He is against you getting back your memories. Said the anemo archon in a tone of defeat and pity.

Keqing lets out a sigh of relief as Venti stops the procedure, glad that the pain has finally stopped for William. She can see the exhaustion etched on his face, the traces of pain and suffering still present. She furrows her brows at Venti's words, a sense of frustration bubbling within her.

Her mind races, trying to understand the implications of his words. Why would William's subconscious be against him getting his memories back?

-What do you mean... that my subconcious... is against... getting my memories? Said as he gasped for air, struggling to catch back his breath.

Venti shakes his head, his expression one of disappointment and frustration.

-It means exactly what I said. For some reason, your subconscious mind is resisting the process of unlocking your memories. It's like there's a part of you fighting against it, keeping your memories locked away. Although, is not like I can blame it, as I told you, your past is a really difficult one. Your subconious might find your current life so much better that is afraid that if you break free from your amnesia, everything will finish.

William sit on the sofa he was laying and looks at Venti with a determined face.

-Is not like I'm going to give up. I told you, for my future plans, I need to know my past. I want to know what type of man I used to be.

Venti looks at William, his expression a little surprised at the determination in his eye. He lets out a sigh, shaking his head slightly.

-You're a stubborn one, aren't you? Even with your subconscious fighting back and the pain you've already endured, you're still willing to push forward.

He takes a moment to think, his fingers drumming on his chin.

-I wasn't able to do it and I believe I won't have the ability to help you. I will recommend you to look for the dendro archon. This types of things are her specialty. And I'm sure our two heroes here can confirmed what I just said. He turns to see Paimon and the traveler with a smile.

-Oh right! Nahida could definitely help you, William! She is such a noble and kind god that she'll do it with utmost pleasure. Said Paimon with a realization tone.

Keqing nods in agreement at Paimon's words, her expression hopeful. She glances at William, silently supporting his determination to regain his memories despite the obstacles in his way.