Confrontation.

-Paimon has a question, what about Hat Guy?

Keqing glances at Hat Guy, who has been eerily quiet this whole time. She's not sure if he'd want to help, given his usual indifference, but she supposes it doesn't hurt to ask.

-Hat Guy, will you be coming with us?

-I won't. I have my own story with Dottore. I do want to help you, however, my emotions are getting in the way. I don't think I'd be able to control myself and not betray you and help William with his vengeance. Therefor, I'll be staying here and do nothing.

Keqing nods, understanding Hat Guy's decision. His open honesty about his feelings and potential lack of self-control is admirable, even if it's not the help they need right now. She looks back at Nahida.

-Okay, then it's settled. We'll head to Stone Gate and try to find William there. Thanks again for your help, Nahida.

After a long journey, Keqing, Paimon and the traveler were waiting for William to pass. They were watching carefully the scene from the cliff right above the path. Keqing keeps her eyes glued to the path below, searching for any sign of William. She can't shake off the feeling of worry and concern. Beside her, the Traveler and Paimon seem equally alert and watchful, all three waiting for William's appearance.

-Keqing, can Paimon ask you a question?

Keqing barely diverts her gaze off the path to look at Paimon. She nods.

-Sure, what is it?

-Do you think... She makes a small pause before continueing. this William is the same William we've met?

Keqing looks back to the path, thinking about Paimon's question. She sighs deeply, conflicted. The William they've known was caring and gentle, but the one hat they just saw was angry and hostile. She's not sure if it's entirely the same person, yet...

-I'm not sure. He has the same face, same eye, but his personality is just... different. She replies honestly.

-Keqing, I do also have a question. Said the traveler with a serious tone.

Keqing turns to the traveler, sensing the seriousness of his tone. She nods, giving him her attention.

-What is it?

-Are you prepared to not kill William? And more importtantly, are you prepared to actually kill him?

Keqing is taken aback by the directness of the traveler's questions. The thought of having to kill William hadn't truly crossed her mind until now. Yet, given his current state, it may become a possibility. She takes a deep breath before answering.

-I... don't want to kill him. But if it comes down to it, if he is beyond reason and poses a threat, I... I will do what needs to be done. She replies quietly, her eyes going back to the path, hoping that it won't come to that.

The traveler smiles softly. 

-You really are consequential with your principals, aren't you, Keqing? Despite William still being your boyfriend, if he stills pose a threat to Teyvat or Liyue, you are actually willing to kill him? That's admirable.

Keqing looks at the traveler, a flicker of sadness in her eyes. She understands his point but it's still hard for her to accept.

-It's not a matter of being "consequential with my principles", but a matter of doing what's necessary for the greater good. If William becomes a danger to others, my personal feelings for him... can't interfere. She says quietly, her voice tinged with the barest hint of pain.