14

Song Kaiji ate the wild vegetable cake in big mouthfuls. This was the best meal he had had in the past six months!

When Shen Qing handed it to him, Song Kaiji didn't think that this coarse grain pancake with a bad color and appearance would be a great delicacy, but it was food after all. Would anyone dislike food these days? Even if it was the black and hard coarse grain pancakes issued by the base, Shen Qing was willing to give him so many for free, which was enough to make him grateful.

Not to mention how shocked he was by the fresh, salty and fragrant taste he had when he took a bite! Oil, salt and fresh vegetables are now in short supply and may not be available even with crystal cores. He knew that "rich people" eat well, but he didn't know that "rich people" eat so well!

Originally, Shen Qing was a little concerned about his image. He went to the store next door to change clothes. After he left, Song Kaiji could not describe him as wolfing down his food. But he was a little puzzled. Why did Shen Qing go to the store next door to change clothes? They were both men. What was there to be shy about?

However, when Song Kaiji thought of Shen Qing's red face and bright eyes when she handed him the wild vegetable cake, he was choked and started coughing violently.

Shen Qing was changing clothes next door. These clothes were so different from his world that Shen Qing fumbled for a long time before putting them on. He folded his old clothes neatly and put them in the backpack. He planned to go with Song Kaiji to look at the stalls and observe more about what this world was like.

He needed to see more and understand more so that he could better integrate into this world and exchange things between the two worlds without leaving any trace. Today's harvest really made him feel excited. With so much gold, silver and jewelry, he only needed to take out a few silver bracelets, which would be enough to buy land, build a house and live a good life!

All his previous worries were solved. He would no longer suffer from hunger and cold, and would no longer have no food to eat. He could buy an iron pot and a water jar to store sauerkraut. If he bought some cloth and cotton, he and his mother could have new clothes and thick bedding for the New Year!

All he needs is a live-in son-in-law! But now that he has so much money, what kind of man can't he find? If he can't find one, he can just buy one from a human trafficker. He doesn't even like those boys in the village!

Shen Qing happily returned to the souvenir shop, and saw Song Kaiji leaning against the wall and coughing so hard that his lungs were about to burst. He quickly took out the water bag and handed it to him, but Song Kaiji waved his hand, took out a mineral water bottle from the space, took two gulps, and then suppressed it.

Water is also very expensive nowadays. He has received so many benefits from Shen Qing, and he feels embarrassed to ask Shen Qing for water again. However, he lowered his head and felt that it was okay to accept the water: Shen Qing was wearing a jacket over a sweatshirt, dark jeans, and a pair of old Beijing black cloth shoes underneath.

Song Kaiji: ...

He sighed, took out a pair of shoes from the space and handed them over: "Thank you for the wild vegetable cakes, I haven't eaten such delicious food in a long time. Giving you a pair of shoes is my return gift."

Shen Qing took it, looked at the shoes on his feet, then looked at Song Kaiji's feet, and put them on awkwardly. He didn't shy away from Song Kaiji this time. Country boys are not like the girls and boys from wealthy families. Their feet cannot be seen by others. When the boys in Shen Qing's village went to the paddy fields to plant rice, who didn't go barefoot? They were used to it.

Song Kaiji suddenly felt a little uncomfortable. He just glanced at Shen Qing's bare feet and turned his eyes away silently.

After changing their shoes, the two of them headed to the base. The Hongcheng base was located next to an amusement park in the suburbs.