34: Hongcheng Base

After the matter was agreed upon, Shen Qing didn't want to stay any longer with a group of men who disliked him, so he drank a bowl of hot water poured by Aunt Guixiang and went back home in the wind and snow.

The village chief also felt embarrassed. He had originally asked Shen Qing to come and discuss things because he thought he had experience in killing wild boars. He didn't expect Shen Qing to hear such words and get angry. He turned around and glared at Wang Liuzi unhappily.

But he didn't know what to say. As a man, he knew exactly what Wang Liuzi and the others were thinking: What man would like to be stepped on by a man and a woman? It was normal for them to feel unhappy.

In the evening, the couple talked about this matter. Aunt Guixiang almost kicked him under the kang: "What are you talking about? What do you mean Qingge'er stepped on them? Who did Qingge'er step on? Qingge'er is just capable! If they don't want to be overshadowed by Qingge'er, they can also go up the mountain to kill wild boars. Who will stop him?"

"He has no ability or courage, but he holds on to others and insists that they should be as unmotivated as him? It's just like what Qing'er said, a coward!" Aunt Guixiang said indignantly.

The village chief was scolded by his wife. He lowered his head and stammered, unable to speak.

"Besides, if he's unhappy, he can just stay at home and be unhappy. No one can stop him from being unhappy." Emotions are something that people can't control, and it's not very reasonable. It's a bit harsh to say that people are not even allowed to be unhappy or dislike something. But just because you're unhappy in your heart, it doesn't mean you can go and cause trouble for others at will: "But he insisted on making up that untenable story and blamed Qing Ge'er for the wild boar coming down the mountain. What does that mean? Isn't it because Qing Ge'er was angry that he sold the wild boar, and he wanted Qing Ge'er to take out the money? Do you think this is reasonable? You're even understanding him!"

"Does Qing Ge'er have to be unable to display his abilities just to make them feel comfortable? Why?" Aunt Guixiang turned over angrily and rolled away all the quilts. She has already seen that Qing Ge'er is a very capable person. If those boys in the village are not happy now, they will suffer in the future: "If you indulge them like this, sooner or later something will happen to them!"

The village chief thought about it for a long time but couldn't figure out a solution. He could only lie down with a sigh and tugged at Aunt Guixiang: "Hey, please leave some quilt for me."

"Aren't you men capable? Why are you still covering yourself with a blanket?!"

At Shen Qing's house, Miao was also very angry: "How could this man be so bad!" It's not that their family can't afford the few taels of silver to hire a hunter, but that's because Shen Qing had a strange encounter and got unexpected wealth! If it weren't for this strange encounter, they would still be living in poverty, and there would be no weapons from another world that could kill wild boars. Isn't this pushing them to a dead end!

Shen Qing had gotten used to it: "They have been like that since they were young, but it's okay this way." Shen Qing proposed to kill the wild boars himself. There was an element of anger in Shen Qing's proposal, but more importantly, he wanted to use this to establish his authority and gain a firm foothold in the village.

Why did Wang Liuzi never give up disgusting himself even though he couldn't beat him? It was because in Wang Liuzi's heart, the gap between him and Shen Qing was not that big - although he had never beaten Shen Qing, he felt that his "noble" status as a man could make up for it, so overall he was no worse than Shen Qing.