Fifty Six

Song Kaiji and Tang Wenjie did have a very good relationship. There were four people in their dormitory, Tang Wenjie was the second oldest and Song Kaiji was the third oldest. They were ranked next to each other and their beds were adjacent. The relationship between the roommates was very harmonious, and Tang Wenjie was the only local in the dormitory. In the past three years, Song Kaiji and the other two had eaten a lot of delicious food that Tang Wenjie brought from home.

Although he had never met Tang Wenjie's mother, he had been grateful to this aunt for a long time: a large pot of stewed beef with small potatoes, stewed pork ribs with beans to go with rice, a whole big elbow stewed until tender... a lot of it went into Song Kaiji's stomach.

He did have a good relationship with Tang Wenjie, even better than with Qu Weiwei. If he had the ability, Song Kaiji would never leave Tang Wenjie alone. But now it was not him who had the ability, but Shen Qing.

Before he even asked, Shen Qing had already spoken, which touched Song Kaiji even more. He watched Shen Qing carry Tang Wenjie on his shoulders and walk away, wanting to share the burden, but couldn't let go of Tang Wenjie's mother.

But he didn't expect that as soon as he shouted, several voices suddenly popped up in the refugee area: "It's me, it's me!"

"It's me. Take me into the base right now. I'm Tang Wenjie's mother!"

Song Kaiji slapped his forehead, he was really in a hurry, he dared to look for someone like this. If Tang Wenjie hadn't fainted suddenly and made him confused for a while, he would never have made such a mistake!

During this period, several groups of refugees came from outside the base. Occasionally, some people came to look for their relatives and friends, which was like a stone that caused a thousand waves in the refugee camp. Those who could not pay the entrance fee were like grasping at the last straw, no matter if it was a lie or a trick, they would sneak into the base first.

Seeing that more and more women were about to gather around him, and even two men were among them, Song Kaiji directly took out his crossbow and said, "Don't come close!"

The crowd was silent for a moment, and then someone shouted angrily: "How dare you kill someone? This is at the gate of the base! Is there no law?"

"I am Tang Wenjie's mother. If you dare to do this to me, our Wenjie will never forgive you!"

"I'm Tang Wenjie's father, and this is Tang Wenjie's brother. Stop talking nonsense with them and take us in quickly!"

Song Kaiji was getting a headache from all the noise, so he raised his voice again: "Which neighborhood does Tang Wenjie live in?"

How could these people really know? They just kept trying to hold Song Kaiji back, asking him to take them into the base as soon as possible. Song Kaiji held the crossbow and retreated step by step. After a while, he heard a voice drowned out by the crowd: "Bauhinia Garden, Bauhinia Garden..."

Song Kaiji looked over and saw a middle-aged woman of medium build, about fifty years old, standing at the door of her tent. She wanted to come over but didn't dare to leave her tent: she was afraid that if she took a few steps away, she would be robbed. She had encountered such things many times along the way!

So he could only hold the edge of the tent with one hand and wave desperately towards Song Kaiji with the other.

Looking at the woman's appearance again, she is still of medium build and not skinny after more than half a year since the apocalypse, and there are signs of loose skin on her face, which is the result of a fat person losing weight quickly while the skin cannot keep up. It can be seen how plump she was before the apocalypse.