60: Lantang Festival

Miao waved her hands repeatedly: "No, no." She glanced at Li Yanzi next to her, and sure enough, her sister-in-law's face had turned as black as charcoal. It only looked better when she saw Li Yanzi refuse.

Well, I heard that Miao Wang and Li Yanzi had a fight before, and it was probably because of this!

Miao Wang was pinched so hard by Li Yanzi that his facial features were distorted, but he still had to ask Miao why: "Why, do you look down on Xiaoyu?"

"What do you like or not? They are all my own children, I love them very much. But Qingge'er and Xiaoyu are really not a good match. There is also a big age difference." Miao hastily comforted Li Yanzi: "Xiaoyu is a good child, and he and Qingge'er have a good relationship. Even if they don't get married, won't they help each other? But Qingge'er is indeed much older than Xiaoyu. Forcing them together will only make the children feel uncomfortable and hurt their feelings."

"Besides, I'm not afraid of you laughing at me. Qingge'er is the master of my family. I can't be the master of Qingge'er. This kid is too stubborn! Let him find someone he wants. I can't control him. But I see that he doesn't have that kind of intention towards Xiaoyu! I know you are doing this for my own good and want me to come home and live, but you can't let the children suffer because of me."

Miao Wang snorted twice: "As a mother, you can't make the decision for your child?" In every family, parents have the final say in marriage. It's just that his sister is too soft-hearted.

Miao glanced at Miao Wang and said, "I want to be his master, and it's not impossible. Qing'er is soft-hearted and filial, and he will always listen to me. But why should I be his master? He has more ideas, is smarter, and is more capable than me. Why should I be his master? Just to show off my authority as a mother? How many years can I live? Qing'er will have to live his life from now on. Do I have to make him uncomfortable just to prove that I can make the decision?"

A man like Miao Wang had never heard of such a saying before. He stood there in a daze, not knowing what to say: Since ancient times, hasn't it been said that the son should listen to the father's words? Isn't this natural?

Miao looked at Li Yanzi again and said to Miao Wang, "You too, I have to say a few words to you as your elder sister. You just think it's good for me to come back and live here, but have you ever thought about whether Yanzi is happy about it? Xiaoyu is not your child alone, how can she live her life according to your opinion alone?"

Miao Wang was even more confused. He was a man, the head of the family, so why shouldn't he listen to his own ideas? Wasn't it always the women who took care of the small matters at home, and the men who had the final say on the big matters?

-Li Yanzi was about to cry. She had been on guard against Miao for a long time, and always thought that Miao and Miao Wang had discussed it together. She didn't expect that after all the discussion, her husband was the only one who was enthusiastic about it. Miao, the elder sister-in-law, was the most considerate of her: "Sister, what you said really touched my heart!"

Shen Qing didn't know that Miao Wang had proposed to him while he was away, but was quickly rejected. He didn't walk far with a basket of sausages before he arrived at Miao Tongsheng's house.

There was only one house between Miao Tongsheng's house and Miao Xing and Miao Wang's house. As Shen Qing approached the door, he smelled a strong smell of medicine and the sound of a child crying. He looked at the door for a while and was about to knock when he saw Miao Tongsheng hurriedly coming out of the house. He was stunned when he saw Shen Qing standing at the door: "Shen Qing? Why are you here?"

Shen Qing quickly raised the basket in his hand and said, "Thank you Miao Tongsheng for coming to Lantang Village to support my mother. We just moved out and were busy every day. Recently, I have some free time.