Chapter 25 - Getting The Bunker Ready

***CLOVE POV***

"I didn't know you knew how to cook." Marvel stated.

"I'm full of surprises." I grinned, bringing the last of the food.

"Alright Kinnick, Jayden, and Cory, hurry up, you have school in less than an hour!" I heard Cato say.

"Oh my god," I heard and looked up and saw Christian at the door.

"Who's there?" Kinnick said, walking up to the door. "Brutus? Enobaria? To what do we owe the pleasure of the victors?

"Hello," I heard a familiar male voice say. "We know Cato and Clove are both here. We would like to speak with them."

"Yes umm," Christian said. "Please come in."

"Is Clove here?" I heard a female voice.

"She's in the dining room," Jayden said, putting on his shoes. "I'll show you where it is! Follow me."

"Enobaria! Brutus! I'm so glad you came!" I said. "Guys! Breakfast is ready! Hurry up before it gets cold!"

"Well we said we'd stop by," Enobaria chuckled. "We have a few things for you all!"

I heard everyone coming into the dining room.

"Holy shit," Brutus murmured, getting elbowed by Enobaria. "Ouch! What the fuck!"

"You said you wouldn't curse at how many kids are at this house!" Enobaria said, turning to face Cato and Clove.

"You really expect me to keep that promise?" Brutus mumbled under his breath.

"Why don't you guys have some breakfast?" I said.

"Don't mind if we do!" Brutus said, pulling a chair gesturing for Enobaria to take a seat before taking a seat next to her.
Once everyone was sitting down I took a head count.

2,4,6.....

1,2,3,4,5,6,7.....

Someone's missing I thought.

Where's Katniss?

"Has anyone seen Katniss?" I asked everyone.

I received a bunch of 'no's and head shakes.

"Peeta!" I called. "Can you go check up on Katniss upstairs? She's not here yet."

"Sure," He said, getting up from his seat. "I'll be right back."

And with that he walked off.

***PEETA POV***

I nodded, wiping my hands on a dish towel. I had been helping with breakfast preparation but couldn't help feeling a tug of worry for Katniss. It had been days since we'd all taken refuge here, hiding from the Capitol, and the strain was starting to show on everyone's faces.

I climbed the stairs, the sound of my boots muted by the thick carpeting. Clove's room was at the end of the hall, tucked away. I paused before opening the door, not wanting to startle her.

Katniss was standing near the far wall, her fingers lightly tracing the edges of a worn-out bookshelf. Her gaze was distant, lost in thought, as she took in the unfamiliar surroundings. She turned at the soft creak of the door, her gray eyes meeting my blue ones.

"Peeta," she said quietly, her voice softer than usual.

"Hey," I replied, stepping inside and closing the door behind me. "Clove's got breakfast ready. Thought I'd come check on you."