Chapter 21: Incidents.

Stella moved closer to the window to find out who they were, but she couldn't see very well because they were standing in the dark.
A few minutes later the two parted, and then Stella managed to recognize one of them, surprised that she was there at that time,
"This is Hannah, what is she doing there at this time ?"
Hannah's tasks were all about housekeeping, managing the servants' work, as well taking care of Mrs. Loran, it was rare to even go out during the day, and now she goes out in the middle of the night, which makes it strange.
The person she was with went out from the back door of the house use, and Stella couldn't see him.
"What did she give him ? With a quick and somewhat nervous look, she appears preoccupied, What happened ?... And why should I care ? I should focus on solving my problems."
She flopped into her bed tiredly.
"I'm glad I found Liam there, or I wouldn't have gotten anything."
She sighed with relief before falling asleep after her usual long thinking session.
In the morning, she went to Annie's room as usual, but this time she couldn't find her.
"Where did this girl go ? Usually, I'm the one who wakes her up."
Stella waited in the room for about half an hour, and she still didn't come.
She decided to go ask the servants about her, but she was surprised to bump into Carla at the door.
"Ah, what's happening Carla ? You almost dropped me over !"
Carla replied, still panting," Alina, Mr. Loran … he's very ill. Mrs. wants you to go to them to calm Miss Annie down."
After hearing that, Stella quickly went there. Annie was already distraught, and Mrs. Loran wasn't any better.
"Madam, what happened to the Master ?"
Mrs. Loran sadly responded, " I'm not exactly sure. He was fine yesterday, but this morning…"
Stella tried to calm Annie down from crying,
"Annie, you must calm down. Your grandfather will be okay. Don't worry, the doctor will treat him."
After about an hour, the doctor finally came out of the room with Liam and Hannah, the three of them seemed somewhat relieved.
The doctor talked to Liam and Hannah about the guidelines to follow. Then he left, accompanied by Hannah.
Liam smiled at everyone, "There's nothing to worry about now, he's fine, the doctor said he'll wake up in a few hours."
Annie wiped her tears and said joyfully, " This is great." (Hugging her brother and grandmother.)
"Oh, it's good that his condition didn't get any more difficult."
Stella released the same relief as her turn.
The evening has come, so her work ends. Immediately after that, she goes to dinner and then heads to her room as usual. But this evening she decides to head to the library to return the two books.
"I finished reading them quickly, it's good that I chose them short. Now I hope to find two books or one that is good in chemistry or biology, uh, that would be great, I'm bored of these history books."
When she arrived, she found no one even though the door was open.
"That's good. I might not have to deal with that old man again, and I can get more than one book."
But her good mood quickly turned sour upon entering, as she wasn't alone in the place ; two people were talking inside.
Stella muttered quietly,"That's my luck, I know it."
The speakers' voices were soft and familiar to her ; when she glanced from behind one of the shelves, she saw the Loran brothers there.
"When did the peacock return here ? I haven't seen him in a month."
Liam sat on the desk chair, and Adam at the end of the table, holding a book in his hand.
"Brother, how did this happen ? Who poisoned Grandfather ?"
Stella was shocked, "Poison ? wasn't he just sick ?"
Liam, looking out the window, replied, "I don't know at the moment, but undoubtedly he is someone close to us, and he may also be at home."
Adam closed the book and put it aside,
"What are we going to do now ?"
Liam rubbed his forehead with his fingers,
"If I had been freer, I would have known his identity by now, but I have other troubles to solve, the story of the cursed village is still bothering the officials, because of rumors that something is happening in it these days. This affected the trade caravans because they changed the route because of this, they took longer to arrive."
Stella was still eavesdropping on the conversation with interest, "That village again, there's nothing scary, only people believe those rumors, just houses burned down…"
Without knowing it, she thought out loud, which made the brothers discover her existence already.
When she noticed this, she said with apologies, "I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to intrude on you, I was just here by chance and overheard your conversation."
Adam sighed and said, "You again ?"
Stella replied, "I'm sorry, I said I wouldn't do this on purpose…"
Liam interrupted her conversation, saying with a gentle smile, "Miss White, from what I heard, you went there before."
"Damn me, I shouldn't have acted so stupidly, I've brought myself trouble now."
"Yes, I went, when I was on a trip with a trade caravan coming to the east, when I heard the story I was curious so I went there to see, there was nothing very scary, just rumors."
The two brothers looked at each other for a moment, Adam said,"Brother, since you are busy, let me take care of it for you. I'm going to go there to see what the problem is."
"But Adam, you are…"
"You have to look to those problems, besides the family business. Just trust me, I'll solve the problem and come back."
Liam sighed, "Well, since you are adamant, you have what you want, you will go, but you should be careful."
He turned to look at Stella and then said," But on condition, you will take Miss Alina with you since she has already been there."
"He didn't even ask me for my opinion, he's quite serious about what he says."
Stella grumbled internally.
Adam, in turn, looked at Stella and then replied, "Well, if only that, but I think we should ask her about her opinion first."
Liam laughed, "I'm sorry Miss White, excuse this rudeness."
"Well, I'll accompany you there."
Stella thought it would be annoying at first, but soon changed her mind because of her curiosity, she was eager to find out what happened too.
After they agreed on everything, Stella went to her room.
On the way, I took something out from under the dress, it was an old chemistry book that I had surreptitiously taken.
"At least I'll entertain him on the trip tomorrow."
Stella got tired,"That girl is hard to take care of, but no problem as long as she is no longer her former self."
She dragged her legs to her room, but she woke up when she heard two people, who were talking in a low voice.
Stella heard two familiar voices from one of the rooms,"You should do better next time, it didn't work out."
"You're right, I should have taken more precautions."
Stella thought,"Isn't that Hannah's voice ? Who's with her, too, is familiar to me, but who ?"
Hannah continued, "This should never be revealed."