VIII

Three day time period ended soon much to all participants' disappointment. They all gathered on the lawn where a stage was set up for their performance. Soon, Gun and Tay joined them, and the host looked satisfied seeing the participants dress up.

"I'm so happy to see everyone excited about today's talent show," Gun said excitedly as he looked around them

"Yee.." The participants did fake shooting.

"All right, is anyone interested in sharing their hardships or exciting moments while preparing for their performance?" Tay asked as he looked at them but no one raised their hands.

"Someone? No one? Then we're gonna choose the participant instead!" Gun announced as he stood up in annoyance.

"All right, we're gonna pick randomly. Please come forward and let us know about what you're gonna perform...Starting with the youngest, Syn!" Tay called Syn on stage. Pete pats Syn's back while Tawan claps loudly.

"You can do it Syn Theerapanyakul!!" Tankhun shouted while clapping

"He's not Theerapanyakul?!" Vegas turns around to look at his cousin in confusion.

"Yes, he is! I'm adopting him! I will be officially his cool uncle..." Tankhun replies which makes Vegas further confuse

"I didn't know we could adopt as an uncle too.." Ai said in surprise while others had the same question.

"Pete is dad, I'm uncle! this way if Syn gets annoying, I will send him to Pete.." On hearing Tankhun's explanation, Vegas looks at Pete, who shakes his head, "I didn't volunteer for this.."

"Syn! Please tell us about yourself and what you're going to perform..." Tay asked Syn nodded looks towards the camera with a serious face and then Wai

"Hello, My name is Syn. I'm dedicated to Buddhism. In my free time and weekends, I volunteer to clean and take care of the monastery near my house. My grandpa was a believer of Buddhism and he inspired me to live a simple life.." Syn replies with a soft smile.

"That's good! That's Good! People these days do excessive things to be relaxed or stress free and I believe this is the best form of relaxation...please go ahead..." Gun said respectfully as both the hosts stepped away.

Syn calmly sits on the floor and then looks towards members, "If you wish, you can follow me..."

Much to his surprise, everyone quickly sat on the ground and copied his posture; Syn smiled before he continued, "Gautam Buddha believed in.............."

".......Avoid evil deeds as a man who loves life, avoids poison. The root of suffering is attachment.."

An hour later, Syn ends the preachings. Everyone felt relaxed and Syn was very happy to see it. Most of the time, his family and friends used to get annoyed when he suggested them to join him. Syn wasn't upset about it, but when they started to complain about how he was wasting time in a monastery, he felt upset.

Syn stood up and wai, and then Gun and Tay joined him on stage; they asked everyone to share their opinion about Syn's preaching.

"Share details about the monastery that you go to; I will join you next time.." Vegas told Syn who nodded excitedly. Pete, Wan and Dao joined Vegas and asked Syn about it, too, which made Syn smile.

"I will accompany you wherever you want to go..." Nuer said smoothly making PraPai, Tul whistle

"I will take Rain with me, this is the quietest I ever saw him seated ..." Sky asked which made Rain pout

"After this show ends, we all can go to the monastery together!" Nhai suggested excitedly thinking about going with everyone

"Not a bad idea.." Kluen replies while thinking