1

Tuesday, September 14.

Dear diary, today is my first day attending school since the big move. My school seems okay, I mean, it's senior year so I've got to enjoy it, right? All these stories of how senior year is the best year of your life? Well I'll soon see. Going in and not having a single friend is going to be the worst of it. Hopefully I'll make friends as easily as I did back in England. And I'm definitely trying out for the cheerleading squad.

I wandered into the gates of Westbrook High, my books in my left arm and my bag on the other. Students, my age and younger ran around me, in and out of the school building. I wandered into the front entrance and I arrived at main reception. I slowly went up to the window, to be greeted by a lady, old enough to be my great grandmother.

"Hiya love, can I help with anything?" she questioned.

"Er, yeah. I'm Perrie Edwards, new student? Today's my first day" I proclaimed.

"Oh yes, I have you on my list. Let me just print out your schedule and I'll be right with you. Take a seat just there, and I'll call you once I'm done" the lady kindly spoke. I smiled at her and followed her instructions, taking a seat just outside of the office. I was only waiting a short while, when the lady came over to me. "Okay Perrie, firstly, welcome to Westbrook High. Now, I've printed you off your class schedule, this tells you what classes you have, since you're in senior year, they'll mainly be the ones you chose to study, plus the standard Math, English and Science. The schedule also tells you what professor you have, and which classroom you're in. I have also printed you off a map of the school, and I have circled the places your classes are held in, so it'll be easier for you to find."

"Thank you" I smiled. 

"You're more than welcome, dear. Now you better get to class, I know you're new, but we don't need you being any later than you have to be. Lucky for you, your first class is right down the hall here" she explained. I nodded and stood up, following her directions to my class. As I approached, I was knocked over by someone running past me. 

"Oh I'm so sorry!" she said. I looked up to see a girl, browny-blonde hair, glasses and a small frame. She bent down to help me pick up my books that I had dropped.

"That's okay. It was an accident" I answered. 

"I'm Jade. Jade Thirlwall" she smiled sweetly, pushing her glasses up her nose. 

"Perrie. Perrie Edwards" I responded, grabbing the last of my books and standing up.

"I haven't seen you around here before. Are you new?" Jade asked, handing me the books she had picked up. 

"Thanks and yeah. It's actually my first day today" I confessed.

"Well, you've come to a good school. Westbrook High is one of the best schools in the area" Jade informed, as we wandered in the direction of my first class. 

"Yeah I heard. I think that's why me mam picked it" I said.

"If you don't mind me asking, where are you from?" Jade questioned curiously.

"South Shields, why?" I replied and Jade's face lit up. 

"Me too! I thought I recognised that Geordie accent from somewhere" Jade chuckled. "So what made you move to America?" 

"Me mam got a job promotion, what about you?" I asked Jade.

"Me mam met someone online a few years back, they met and we moved out here so they could be together. It didn't work out in the end, but we both love it here so we decided to stay" Jade answered.