9

Friday, May 17.

PROM DAY! I am so excited, I can't contain myself! And, being mine and Zayn's eight month anniversary also, makes it all the more better. Also, the girls and I have our performance, which is something I'm really excited about. Singing in front of the entire senior year, now that's nerve-racking! But I'll be with my girls, so I'll be okay.

"PEZ!" Jade called out. I turned and saw Jade running towards me. The girls and I took the day off from school, to get ready for prom. We met in the mall, before all heading to the beauty parlour. I had my nails, and toenails painted blue to match my dress. Jade had purple, Jesy had black, and Leigh had green. After our nails, we all had our make up done. I had smoky eyes, with a pink lipstick. Jesy had smoky eye too, with a red lipstick. She really pulled that off. Jade and Leigh just had eyeshadow to match the colour of their dresses, and their lips were a pale pink. 

"How are you having your hair Pez?" Leigh said, linking arms with me as we headed to the salon. 

"Probably straightened and down" I answered. "I brought these sparkly accessories the other day that match the jewels on my dress so I might put those in too."

***

The girls all headed home around 5, and I began to get myself dressed. My dress matched my makeup and hair perfectly. I smiled at myself in the mirror, before putting my purse, phone and keys into my clutch bag. I walked downstairs slowly, my mam watched, and she burst into tears.

"Perrie! You look beautiful darling!" my mam sobbed, pulling me into a hug.

"Mam! Don't get tears on my dress!" I chuckled, making her laugh also. She wiped her eyes. "I sure did make a stunning girl, didn't I?" 

***

I was only waiting a short while until there was a knock at the door. Zayn. I got up, took a deep breath, and answered the door with a huge smile on my face. 

"DAD!" I screamed excitedly, seeing my father standing by the door. I jumped into his arms and hugged him tight.

"Hey my beautiful princess" my dad responded, hugging me back. This was the first time I'd seen my dad since I'd moved to America, and it was so great to see him. We'd facetimed, and talked on the phone, but him being here in person was so much more satisfying. 

"Dad, what are you doing here?" I said, as he put me down. 

"I had to see my daughter on prom night" my dad smiled and I hugged him again. 

"This is the best surprise ever!" I said. "Thank you so much for coming daddy."

"You're welcome, beautiful" he said, kissing my forehead. While we were hugging, there was another knock on the door. "Ah, now this wouldn't be this Zayn guy, you've been telling me lots about now, would it?" I smiled and nodded, going over to the door and opening it. 

"Holy wow" Zayn's eyes widened as I opened the door. "Perrie.. you look.." 

"I look?" I giggled.

"Beautiful. Stunning. Incredible. Words can't even begin to explain" Zayn said. I smiled and pulled him in for a hug. 

"I love you" I whispered in his ear.

"I love you too" he whispered back.

"Zayn, come in, I want you to meet someone" I said, tugging on his wrist. Zayn stepped inside. "Zayn, this is my father."

"It's nice to meet you, son" my dad said, as they exchanged handshakes. 

"It's nice to meet you to, sir" Zayn responded. "Thank you, for making such a beautiful, amazing, talented young girl that I love." I blushed and giggled.