10: If you didn't love, then you wouldn't care

"And besides, I bought this all for you." Quach Phuong's voice was small and quiet.

Tan Duat looked at her with cold indifference: "So what? Did I ask you to waste time on these things?"

Quach Phuong, feeling awkward, lowered her head and clasped her hands behind her back. He was right; everything over the past ten years had been her choice.

"Alright, it's all my fault." Quach Phuong gently pulled Tan Duat towards the women's section, her voice soft: "Don't be angry. Help me pick out an outfit, and then we can go home."

Without a change in his expression, Tan Duat casually grabbed a white dress and tossed it to her before turning around and walking towards the sofa in the store to sit down. His demeanor was high and mighty, as if he were doing her a favor.

Quach Phuong said nothing, her hands gently smoothing out the white chiffon dress as she silently walked into the fitting room.

"Tan Duat, do I look good?"

Tan Duat heard her voice and reflexively raised his head. For a moment, it was as if time had come to a halt, and Tan Duat's pupils briefly trembled.

Quach Duong was wearing a white dress that was cinched at the waist, extending past her knees, with a fitted bodice and flowing sleeves. The chiffon fabric that draped over her body was as soft as the celestial silk fairies wore in heaven.

Quach Phuong's features were not aggressive to the observer; they exuded a gentle sense of beauty that was easily memorable. At that moment, Tan Duat had to admit that Quach Phuong indeed looked like a 'princess' whose identity had been stolen.

But ultimately, she still fell short of Nhan Tinh. Regardless of who was the actual 'princess', the one in his heart would never change.

Tan Duat quickly regained his composure, and the momentary feeling of surprise disappeared. He replied nonchalantly: "Not bad."

Quach Phuong happily said to the saleswoman beside her: "I'll wear this outfit."

"Yes, thank you, valued customer."

Leaving the shopping center, Quach Phuong silently gazed at the city from the car. Lowering the window, she savored the touch of the breeze on her skin - cool but calming.

To be alive, it was truly wonderful!

At this moment, Tan Duat turned on the radio.

"Hello to all listeners tuning in to our daily storytelling program. Today, we bring you a story from a Ms. Thoai Phuong. Please listen in."

Thoai Phuong? What a coincidence, her name was Quach Phuong.

The radio continued broadcasting the sweet voice of the female announcer: "I am Thoai Phuong, and my husband is Hao Kiet. We've been married for ten years and have a seven-year-old son. Hao Kiet was my first love from high school. Back then, he was clumsy and naive. I liked him for a long time, but he never realized it. It wasn't until I was about to give up on this unrequited love that Hao Kiet said to me: 'Thoai Phuong, I feel very strange. Every time I get close to you, my heart races, and my limbs go weak. A Dan said that feeling means I like someone. Thoai Phuong, I think I like you. A Dan also said that if you don't agree to be my girlfriend, I'll surely die of longing.'"

Tan Duat glanced at Quach Phuong's face, which had turned rosy from laughing, and felt strangely panicked.

"At that moment, I was both happy and amused. How could there be someone so foolish in this world? After that, the idiot Hao Kiet and I had a relationship that lasted from high school to college graduation, and then we found stable jobs. It finally ended with a perfect wedding. Of course, throughout that time, we had many arguments and moments when we wanted to break up. But because in this world, only Hao Kiet was meant for Thoai Phuong, and Thoai Phuong was only meant for Hao Kiet, we stayed together."