11: You haven't done anything wrong, you just don't love me

"Tan Duat, you're hurting me," Quach Phuong frowned.

Tan Duat angrily let go of her hand, his eyes filled with disdain: "Hurt? And I had thought your skin was thick enough, you weren't afraid to lose face, but now you feel pain?"

Well, Cao Vien Thanh's reputation of being sharp-tongued had to be handed over to Tan Duat.

She smiled faintly: "Tan Duat, don't you think that's a bit too much?"

Such a gentle smile could still leave Tan Duat puzzled. Thinking carefully, he realized he might have spoken too harshly. Tan Duat turned away from her, and asked pensively: "Why are you crying?"

"Are you concerned about me?"

"You... saying you have thick skin isn't wrong!" Tan Duat was so angry that his chest was heaving. Quach Phuong suddenly wanted to laugh. Back in high school, Tan Duat also often became speechless by the things Quach Phuong said.

Now, it felt like those high school days had just happened yesterday.

"I miss my baby..." Quach Phuong's whisper was carried away by the wind, but Tan Duat heard it clearly.

He laughed coldly: "You're the one who got rid of it, what sort of missing are you talking about? Don't you realize how fake you are, Quach Phuong?"

Quach Phuong looked at him in confusion: "Didn't you tell me to get an abortion?"

"I told you to get an abortion, and you actually did. You yourself didn't have much affection for the baby anyway." Tan Duat replied, convinced that he was in the right.

Quach Phuong was so angry that she burst into laughter: "You're so contradicting, Tan Duat."

"Enough, let's go home!" Having finished speaking, Tan Duat coldly walked towards the gate. After taking two steps, someone had grabbed his arm.

"We've already bought the tickets, let's finish playing and then go home." Quach Phuong pleaded, looking at him with slightly reddened eyes.

Tan Duat remained silent for a while, but eventually gave in to her request. After all, there were only five days left, and he still had enough patience.

In the cable car cabin, Tan Duat sat in the innermost seat, typing on his phone, while Quach Phuong stood by the window, and watched the sun gradually descend towards the horizon.

Towering skyscrapers stood side by side, the people suddenly seemed so small.

"Tan Duat, the sunset looks really beautiful from here." Her voice was very quiet, as if she wasn't speaking to him, but to herself. Perhaps Tan Duat didn't really hear her, so he didn't answer.

Quach Phuong stopped looking and walked up to him, her cheeks flushed: "Tan Duat, let me sing for you!"

Tan Duat raised his head, his gaze unclear whether he approved or rejected, and casually replied: "Do whatever you like."

...

I've felt the evening breeze that you have felt

Does this count as us embracing each other?

But like waking up from a dream, my hands are empty

The heart is also empty.

...

Like time and space being distorted, in the end, 'nothing' was still 'nothing.' Excerpt from "Dislocation of Time and Space")

Quach Phuong's singing voice may have not been exceptional, but it was very expressive. The clear and poignant tone carried both sorrow and longing.