𓊆ྀིThe Engagement Preparations𓊇ྀི

The day of the engagement had finally arrived, and Jungkook was enveloped in a whirlwind of emotions. As he sat in his room, surrounded by the chaos of last-minute preparations, his nerves were palpable. 

His room, usually a sanctuary of calm, was now transformed into a frenetic hub of activity. The walls seemed to hum with the energy of his friends, who were doing their best to distract him from his anxiety.

Jungkook's friends—Jimin, Jennie, Lisa, Yugyeom, and Bambam—were in full swing, each adding to the pandemonium in their own way. Jennie and Lisa were embroiled in a familiar argument, their voices rising in playful banter.

"Yah, you pumpkin, I'm older than you! Call me Noona or Eonni!" Jennie insisted, her tone both exasperated and affectionate.

"Why would I, Jennie?" Lisa shot back with a grin, clearly enjoying the back-and-forth.

The lively exchange between Jennie and Lisa was nothing new. Their playful arguments were a regular feature of their friendship. Similarly, Bambam and Yugyeom were caught up in their own brand of chaos, their playful teasing adding to the cacophony.

Jimin, the group's unofficial peacemaker, had reached his limit. With a frustrated shout, he finally cut through the noise. "Yah, stop it, you idiots!"

The room fell silent. All eyes turned to Jungkook, who was sitting quietly in the midst of the chaos, his anxiety evident in the way he was nervously biting his lips and bouncing his legs up and down.

 His friends, momentarily silenced, could see how overwhelmed he was.

Bambam, ever the empathetic friend, walked over to Jungkook and enveloped him in a comforting hug. 

The gesture pulled Jungkook out of his daze, and he looked at his friends with a mix of gratitude and worry. The room was filled with a tense silence, broken only by the soft sound of Jungkook's breaths.

Lisa, unable to bear the weight of the silence, spoke up with a reassuring tone. "Yah, why are you guys making such a big deal out of this? It's just an engagement. Everything will be perfect, Jungkook. Don't be nervous."

Her words were followed by a wave of supportive hugs from everyone. They looked at the clock and, with a collective nod, declared that it was time to head to the venue.

The engagement ceremony was set to take place in Busan, chosen specifically to make Jungkook feel more at ease. The venue had been meticulously arranged—Taehyung had picked the hall, while Jungkook had handled the decorations. The grandeur of the setting was a testament to the significance of the occasion.

------

On the other side of the city, the Kim family was in a state of organised chaos of their own. Mrs. Kim was darting around the house, her anxiety palpable as she prepared for her son's engagement. 

The Kims were about to board their private jet for Busan, and Mrs. Kim was determined that everything be flawless.

"Eomma, calm down," Jin said, his concern evident as he watched his mother-in-law's frantic movements.

Mr. Kim, trying to diffuse the situation, interjected with a sigh. "Aish, Jin, just leave it. She won't stop even if an earthquake hits."

Namjoon, ever the voice of reason, shook his head in understanding. "I knew this would happen."

Suddenly, Mrs. Kim's attention turned to Mr. Kim, who was now on his knees, pleading with her. "What did you just say? You're sleeping on the couch tonight!"

"W-w-wait, babe!" Mr. Kim scrambled to make amends, his efforts to calm his wife only making her more determined.

Jin decided to check on Taehyung, hoping to find some semblance of calm in the midst of the chaos. As he made his way upstairs, he was struck by the transformation of Taehyung's room.