𓊆ྀིQuiet Discoveries𓊇ྀི

A sleepy little bunny yawned, rubbing his eyes in a bid to shake off the last remnants of sleep. It was 5:30 in the morning, a good half-hour earlier than his usual wake-up time. He blinked groggily, trying to adjust to the light. As he attempted to stretch, he noticed something heavy resting on his chest and a firm grip on his waist.

Jungkook glanced down and was startled by the sight of his husband, Taehyung, snuggled against him with a soft pout on his lips. Taehyung's cheeks were squished in a way that made him look even more endearing, a sight that nearly made Jungkook gasp in delight.

Struggling to suppress a squeal, Jungkook marvelled at how adorable Taehyung looked. After a few moments, he decided it was time to get up. As he gently tried to free himself, Taehyung's grip on his waist tightened. He gently tried to guide himself free, as he managed to extricate himself without waking his husband.

Once free, Jungkook watched as Taehyung, still in his dreams, reached out with a shy smile and hugged a pillow, trying to replace his lost warmth. Jungkook tiptoed to the bathroom, quickly freshened up, and wrapped himself in a bathrobe before heading to the closet to get dressed.

He emerged from the closet in a crisp white dress shirt and dark grey trousers, topping off the look with a tailored grey blazer that accentuated his slim figure. His outfit was completed with a sleek tie and polished dress shoes, giving him an effortlessly sophisticated appearance.

Heading downstairs, Jungkook set to work making breakfast. The kitchen was quiet, suggesting that everyone else was still fast asleep. He prepared a sandwich and brewed a cup of tea—Taehyung's preferred morning drink over coffee.

Returning upstairs, he heard the shower running and placed a grey suit neatly on the bed. Alongside it, he organised Taehyung's wallet, phone, watch, and tie, arranging them with care.

When Taehyung emerged from the shower, he was greeted by the sight of his carefully laid-out outfit. A smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he appreciated Jungkook's thoughtful gesture. Dressed in his suit, Taehyung looked impeccably sharp and elegant, ready to start the day with his usual grace and charm.

Jungkook descended the stairs and headed toward the kitchen, only to find his husband, Taehyung, setting up the dining table with meticulous care.

He paused for a moment, silently admiring Taehyung's graceful movements. The sight of his husband arranging everything so thoughtfully made Jungkook's heart flutter.

Suddenly, Jungkook turned and saw Taehyung standing at a distance, his gaze fixed intently on him. Startled, Jungkook's cheeks flushed, and he quickly looked away, breaking the spell of their silent exchange.

An awkward silence settled between them, and Jungkook knew it was up to him to bridge the gap, as Taehyung's typically reserved nature meant he wouldn't start the conversation.

"G-good morning," Jungkook stammered, trying to inject some warmth into his voice.

"Hmm, morning," Taehyung replied curtly.

The silence thickened once more, and Jungkook decided to press on. "I made breakfast for you."

"Hmm," Taehyung responded again, his tone noncommittal.

'This silent treatment is driving me crazy,' Jungkook thought with a mix of frustration and affection as he served the breakfast. He winced slightly when Taehyung's deep voice cut through the quiet, though this time, it carried a hint of concern.

"Aren't you going to eat?"

"Ah, I'll eat later," Jungkook said, trying to downplay his own hunger.

"No, not later. Come and eat now," Taehyung insisted with a gentle firmness that made Jungkook smile despite himself.

Jungkook made his way to the kitchen to fetch his own portion of breakfast. They ate in a comfortable, companionable silence, savoring the morning.

As the time approached for Taehyung to head to work, the two stood by the main door of their home. Jungkook decided to break the silence with a note of concern.

"Take care today, and don't overwork yourself," he said, his voice filled with genuine worry.

"Hmm, you too," Taehyung replied, his tone warm but reserved.

Today, Taehyung had an important meeting to attend, and Jungkook's university classes were starting in two days. He planned to spend the interim getting acquainted with Daegu.

Once Taehyung left for work, Jungkook felt a pang of curiosity about his new surroundings. After a moment of internal debate, he found himself drawn to Taehyung's office. His heart won over his hesitation as he gently opened the sleek black door.

Inside, the office was cozy, neither too large nor too small, with a calming blend of colors matching their bedroom. The air was subtly infused with the scents of strawberry and lavender, creating a relaxing atmosphere.

Jungkook's gaze wandered over the room. His eyes were immediately drawn to the grey office table, which held a sleek Apple laptop and neatly stacked files. A comfortable grey chair sat behind it. Adjacent to the table was a book rack filled with a variety of books. Beside it was a bean bag and a soft light grey rug. On a nearby table, a flower pot and some scented candles added a touch of tranquility.

Jungkook's interest was piqued by the book rack. He gasped as he noticed that many of the books were his favourites, including several he had longed to read but never managed to get his hands on. One book in particular caught his eye: 𝒯𝒽𝒶𝓁𝒶𝓈𝓈𝑜𝓅𝒽𝒾𝓁𝑒 It was a new release he had missed out on due to its popularity.

He carefully picked up the book and noticed a pair of reading glasses on Taehyung's desk. Despite a moment of hesitation, he decided to try them on. The glasses perched on his nose as he took a seat in the chair, flipping open the book with a sense of excitement.

Jungkook settled into the chair, plugging in his headphones and playing the soothing track "Light," softly humming along to the melody. He lost himself in the pages of the book, completely absorbed in his new surroundings and the peaceful moment.

Unbeknownst to him, someone had quietly entered the room, captured a quick snapshot of the serene scene, and then slipped out as silently as they had come.

✧ ˚ 。 𖥔 ˚ 。 ✵ 。 ⋆