Sister's best friend

***************************************
  Ellie: 15, 5'4", student

  Elaina: 16, 5'9", student

***************************************

                          ELLIE'S POV

        It was 8:57pm and I was in my room trying to read before my sister's loud ass friends came over.

I finished my chapter and put my book back on my bookshelf, I heard my stomach grumble and went downstairs to get a snack, *knock knock* "great they're here" I said sarcastically to my sister sitting on the couch "shut up" she replied.

She opened the door to a bunch of squealing girls, most of them go to different schools so they don't see each other very often, "OMG Katie you look AMAZING" random girl #1 told my sister
"FR like your so pretty I need your skincare" random girl #2 said. I didn't care about any of her friends except for Elaina, she's been a family friend since we were little she's the only friend of Kate's that I like.

As I finish my thought I see her walk in the door she looks at me and I flash her a smile feeling a blush creep on my face, she returns my smile making me feel giddy as I head back upstairs with my snack.

It's already September so that means it's automatically fall so I decide to watch a scary movie, I scroll for a bit before I eventually land on The Shining (an: I have never seen The Shining) I press play getting cozy in my bed with my popcorn and tea. After far too many jump scares I'm fully wrapped up in my blanket completely forgetting about my tea and snacks, the sun is now completely gone so now it's just me and this scary ass movie in the dark.

I hear my door creak open not daring to turn my head cause I'm terrified right now "Katie..." I say hoping it's her I hear my door shut "Kate this isn't funny" I say getting nervous at this point I can't see out of my peripherals because of my blanket and I'm too scared to move. Suddenly my tv turns off leaving me in complete darkness "this is where I die"  I think to myself, at that moment something grabs my leg "AAAAAH" I scream kicking whatever just touched me "OW" I hear and suddenly the lights turn on revealing a mad Kate and one of her stupid friends filming me.

"WTF KATE" I say pissed realizing that I have tears on my cheeks, "omg you should've seen your face it was amazing" Kate says on the floor crying with laughter. "GET OUT" I scream kicking her again, her and her friend run out still laughing and I go over to the wall to plug my TV back in.

I walk to the bathroom to compose myself hearing her show her friends the video cringing at myself for even getting that scared, when I'm done wiping my eyes I open the door to head back to my room and see Elaina sitting on my bed. I walk in my room hesitant of another scare "what do you want" I blankly state still annoyed at the situation, "just wanted to make sure you were ok, I heard you scream" Elaina said seeming genuine "yup it was pretty scary" "didn't they show you the video I bet it was pretty funny" I state being done with the whole situation. "Eh it was alright the camera work was shit" she says making me chuckle.

As I finish picking up the spilled popcorn off of the floor I see Elaina laying in my bed scrolling through my TV, "What are you doing", "looking for something to watch I was gonna put on a scary movie but I don't think I should anymore" she said "you can put on whatever I'm not even scared anymore" I say trying to be brave, she looks at me and says "do I need to show you the video" I grab the remote from her hands getting frustrated putting the shining back on "see, I'm fine" I say realizing that I'm leaning on her.

I swiftly get up feeling my face heat up as I sit down on my side of the bed "what about your friends aren't they gonna want you down there" I say looking at her "nah they're watching a movie anyway, plus you're my friend too" she said patting my shoulder. This great moment that we were just having felt pointless now "right we're just friends anyway, hah why do I feel so sad" I thought to myself. After 10 more minutes of the movie Elaina adjusted in her spot causing me to look at her but I couldn't look away, her soft silky dark brown hair perfectly complements her brown eyes with little flecks of hazel in them, and her sharp jawline that leads up to her cheeks with small but adorable freckles on them, she even had a birthmark right under her soft lips that I really wanted to kiss right now.

As I was still scanning her face I locked eyes with her and saw a blush form on her cheeks "you're beautiful" I whisper under my breath just wanting to stay in this moment forever. A small smirk forms on her mouth "so are you" she whispers back making me lose my mind, after another minute of staring at each other I finally say "I like you" I say meaning every word, "I like you too Ells" she says chuckling "no I mean I like you.. a lot" I say inching closer to her face "I know I like you a lot too" she says inching closer, I can feel her breath on my lips and it's making my head spin "can I kiss you" Elaina says. Instead of answering I connect our lips and melt at her touch this was everything that I thought it was going to be and so much better.

As we both pull away panting trying to catch our breath she cuddles up next to me and says "I love you Ellie" "I love you too" I mutter in pure bliss, she turns on cartoons as we slowly drift off to sleep in each other's arms.

***************************************

               This is probably the most well written story I've done so far.
Thank you for 290 Read's😘