Carnival

***************************************
Brooklyn: 17, 5'6", masc

Bella: 17, 5'8", fem

***************************************

                     BROOKLYN'S POV

         "Hurry up baby we're gonna miss the fireworks", Bella is taking forever to get ready again. She keeps making sure her makeup is perfect and that her hair sits how she wants it to, I walk into the bathroom and see Bella still fixing her hair "my love, you look gorgeous" I say trying to get us out the door "thanks" she mumbles concentrating on her hair "you would look even more gorgeous under some fireworks" I tell her.

She gives me the meanest side eye I've ever seen as I grab her purse and start walking in slow motion out the door "ugh fine I'm done" she says FINALLY satisfied with her hair. We get in the car and start driving, our local fair is having a horror night since it's fall time and at 9:30 they're having a firework show. We're only going for the fireworks and some carnival food since we both don't like being scared.

We arrive and I get out the car running to open her door, but I see.. and feel Bella's arch nemesis THE WIND. She spent so long on her hair and it's about to be ruined with one strong breeze, as I get to her door I open it and prepare for the worst she gets out and THANK GOD she did her hair well, a few strands here and there came undone but nothing to be upset about.

It's now 8:30 so we have some time to kill, "BABE look it's a dunk tank" Bella says dragging me over "omg that bear is so cute" Bella says pointing at the bear it's a fluffy polar bear and I see another kid eyeballing it "you want it?" I ask my girlfriend "yeah" she says grinning. I try to grab a ball but that snotty gremlin grabs it from me and cuts in line, as I'm staring lasers into the back of this kids head I feel Bella rub my back and she tells me it's fine while laughing at me.

I back off and just watch, the kid throws it and misses "amateur" I whisper to Bella, the kid starts crying to it's mom saying that he wanted the polar bear, tough luck. As I grab the ball and pray that the one year of little league I did doesn't fail me now I throw it and hit it dead center, the guy in the tanked gets dunked and I hear Bella cheering behind me. I go up to the worker to tell her that I want the bear when I see it being handed to the snotty kid. I'm heated ready to argue for that bear looking back to see what Bella wants me to do, "it's fine just leave it" "I'll just get a different one" she says trying to put a smile on her face, this isn't over I think to myself as she picks out a giraffe with a bowtie.

Trying to lighten the mood we go get a funnel cake and some apple cider, we sit down at a table and just enjoy each other's presence. I'm looking around drinking my cider and my eyes land on a claw machine with the bear inside. I tell Bella that I'll be right back as I run to the machine I take out a dollar and start playing, I get the claw perfectly over the bear and press the button it picks up the bear for 2 seconds then drops it's... What? Oh come on it was literally in the claw this game is cheap, I add another dollar...fail, another dollar....fail, another dollar....fail. I've been playing for like 10 minutes now I check my phone and it's 9:15 I'm running out of time.

5 minutes and 30 dollars later the claw grabs the bear barely holding on but I did it. I finally got this stupid bear, Bella texts me saying that she's at the park where the show is happening and tells me to hurry. I run over to the park and see my girlfriend sitting in a lawn chair, the moonlight perfectly shining on her making her look ethereal. I walk behind Bella and tap her on the shoulder as she turns around I hold the bear over my face "omg you got it" she says standing up wrapping me in a big hug "you didn't have to do that"  "why wouldn't I, if you want something I'll get it for you" I say handing her the bear. "Thank you" she says leaning in to kiss me, the second we kiss the fireworks start scaring us both, "come sit" Bella says tapping the chair next to her.

I sit down and hold her hand as we watch the fireworks. 🎆 🎇

***************************************

     This was a short one but I still like it.
        Thank you for 550 READS! 🎉🎊