Chapter Seven: Apart

"Mi still cannot believe wah you a seh to me!" Capri kiss her teeth while pouring us both a drink of Appleton and coke. It's just been a day and I feel like I've been ran over by a truck. My whole body ached and I can't seem to stomach even the smell of food.

I don't know how else to describe how I'm feeling other than maybe...broken. I'm in the kitchen counter with my head in my hand to help hold up its weight.

"Girl, him just let you leave? Mi still nah comprehend how him nuh tump down all Jaxn him," Capri was going on and on in disbelief. "Mi still can't understand...Kai is all about you...di man love yuh to the grung, worships you, so mi nuh understand, Nashé...it nah connect."

Same here girl...Same.

"Mussi tired fi a fuck one pussy fi suh long," I sighed. "Maybe he was bored with me...with married life. Maybe—-"

"Shut up," she kissed her teeth. "Kai had it all, and fucked it all up...you had nothing to do with it and this is kinda sad to say, but you guys even have a better marriage than mine. The way y'all mek for each other is the most kismet shit mi ever see. Beautiful fucking people with a beautiful family...wah more the idiot coulda want?"

Hearing Pri describe my marriage made me want to bawl. It was perfect. Until last night...

"The idiot was a whore when she met him," Jaxn came around the corner with Max asleep in his arms. "He stayed faithful longer than I anticipated, honestly. Now, I'm not excusing his behaviour, I'm just saying Malikai is a Don, and with that power sometimes breaking the rules come easy."

"No... nah, a nuh dat, my girl probably set him up," Capri said.

"No, or he would have led wid that, afta Kai nuh fool," Jaxn sighed. "A nuh like when him did young...she took advantage a him drunkenness, saw an opportunity and took it."

"Then him lay himself careless then," Capri scoffed. "Somehow that's worse to me...him usually more composed than that."

"Yeah, well, something clearly have him outta whack," Jaxn shrugged.

I looked from one to the other, then back at Jaxn holding my sleeping baby boy.

"You both can continue this debate about why my husband fucked that bitch after Jaxn put my son to bed," I croaked...I could use some water. Jax nodded at me with a sadness in his eyes that I couldn't bear seeing right now. Not right now. Looking down at the drink 'Pri made for me I thought deep and hard about what the reason could be for his betrayal. Weighing all the possibilities...

He said he was drunk...but that doesn't hold up for me. I don't care that he was drunk...I care that he it didn't even look that way.

The way he had her up against the wall in that video...digging into her. Then her moans...the way he kissed her breasts and her body...running his tongue from her sides before latching on to her breasts before sliding back inside of her.

I winced as I remember a bit of the audio where Kai was panting while ramming into her with everything he had.

I wish I didn't watch it. I wish Michael hadn't sent it to me. I also wish I didn't hire him...the cat always dies from curiosity. I should have never gone looking for answers.

Knowing hurts too much.

"Mommy! Daddy called and I missed it," Aria sang coming around the corner with her head of curls bouncing as she skipped toward me. "I'm calling him back though, wanna say hi?"

A panic rose in my chest.

"Hey auntie baby," Capri swooped her up. "Come, mommy is very tired, she'll talk to daddy later."