What if... #3

Calisa p.o.v.

It is now two days before Sabrina's Dark Baptism, and I already have a feeling she will try something to not go through with it. That's what you get when you get too close to the mortals. I don't get why Hilda and Zelda didn't just homeschooled her.
But, she did summon her familiar, and not pick one out of the registry, so I'll give her that.
I am so glad that I didn't have to purify myself, because that blue liquid Sabrina has to drink looks very disgusting. At least she is getting ready for her Dark Baptism correctly.

-About that...

And here we go. I knew she would try something. I cannot listen to this. It's always the same, for weeks now.

-Your father was a High Priest. You will be baptized under a blood moon, as we all were...
-Calisa wasn't!

Everyone went quiet. I looked up at them, how in Satans name did I end up in this conversation.
Sigh...

-That was different, Sabrina. I wanted to sign my name, but the Dark Lord didn't, for whatever His reason might be. I would give up anything to be baptized. But that is just not possible.

I stood up and left. I cannot deal with them anymore today.

-I am going out.

Sabrina is throwing away an amazing opportunity, while I was ripped from it before it could even start.
....
I was in front of the mines. I always found this place peaceful, especially when no one was there. I am laying in the grass, playing with a little flame I made in my hand. I can still remember that day, the day I was supposed to be baptized.

Flashback
Six years ago - may 13th, friday

I got up in the morning mentally ready for tonight. I couldn't believe it was finally here. My 16th birthday! I am finally getting baptized. I spent an entire day as it should've been spent - in quiet contemplation, as Zelda would say.
At some point during the day, Zelda and I were called by Father Blackwood to his office at the Academy. I hated the man, but he was the High Priest...

-To what do we own this honor, father?
-The Dark Lord has asked for our presence. He should come at any time now.

And He did. I have no idea what is going. We all stood up immediately, and bowed. I thought I was ready for everything, but I hadn't been ready for what He said next:

-I have summoned you all for one reason, Calisa Persephone will not be baptized, not today, not ever.

My heart sank. What? Why? What did I do? Everyone was in shock, but of course, none of us dared to ask the reason for this decision.

-She is allowed to study at the Academy of Unseen Arts and to continue practicing magic.

With that He left. I was at loss of words. I couldn't move. My whole life I waited for this moment, and now it was gone. Forever.

End of fleshback

I still have no idea why I was forbidden to sign my name. And hearing Sabrina talk about not doing it, just makes me so mad.
....
It's been a few weeks since Sabrina ran fron her Baptism. I knew she would try something, but even I didn't foresee this. The entire family had to undergo a trial, but not me, thankfully, and Sabrina was now going to both, Baxter high and the Academy. Great...
In just a week in, she managed to release a demon, DEMON, inside the mortuary, thank Satan I wasn't there when she did it.

The reason I wasn't at the mortuary was because I was at the mines. I was just reading, when I felt a presence of a strange magic. It wasn't threatening, but it was unfamiliar.